Indiana Farmers Insurance is currently looking for a Farm Lines Loss Control Representative to join our Underwriting Team. The right candidate will service counties across Indiana and Illinois, as needed, and in turn needs to be local to the area.
This position creates comprehensive farm survey reports including property, liability, farm auto and workers compensation exposures that identify potential loss producing hazards and provides recommendations to establish effective loss control measures. As a Loss Control Representative with Indiana Farmers Insurance, you will help drive informed decision making in support of our vision.
Benefits for the Loss Control Representative:
- Free Health insurance
- Free Dental insurance
- Free Vision insurance
- Free Life insurance
- Free Short-Term & Long-Term Disability insurance
- 2% 401k Company Match
- 11% 401k Company Contribution
- Excellent Paid Time Off
- Day of Service
- Charity Match Program
- We promote from within our diverse workforce regularly and offer regular opportunities to learn and grow
- Matching funds of up to $100 annually are available from the company for your favorite charitable organization
- Associate recognition awards, fun gatherings, and opportunities to make friends are part of our culture
- An on-site fitness center, as well as free and convenient parking right next to our building make life easier
Qualifications and Responsibilities for the Loss Control Representative:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred with Occupational/Industry Safety curriculum and/or previous experience with loss control inspections
- Analyzing risk hazards and loss history to identify trends in accident frequency and severity in order to make recommendations for an effective loss control program
- Calculating building replacement cost estimates considering various industry codes and standards
- Acting as a technical resource by providing loss control information including OSHA, NFPA and ANSI codes and standards
- Good understanding of policy language and coverages offered
- Inspecting and reporting on assigned accounts to identify operations and exposures to loss
- Traveling frequently to policyholders, prospects and agents to provide loss control services
- Completing various periodic reports to record expenses and track productivity
- Possesses valid state driver’s license
Why work for Indiana Farmers Insurance?
- 95% retention of its associates over the last 5 years
- Financially stable as shown by our A (Excellent) rating by AM Best
- Truly customer focused
- A strong legacy of excellent performance throughout our 146 years in business!
For more information about Indiana Farmers, please go to https://insurance.indianafarmers.com/about-us.
Indiana Farmers Insurance is an equal opportunity employer!