Artisan Design Group – or ADG – is a leading supply chain partner to homebuilders throughout the United States. Over 3,000 ADG employees operating out of 135 facilities in 25 states provide a full range of design, procurement and installation services along with products from the top manufacturers of flooring, cabinets and countertops. Formed in 2016 by the merging of two industry leaders, ADG then acquired over 20 additional companies – each a leader in the geography it serves. We are the premier interior finishings organization in the United States. Our expansive trajectory has been rapid, and we continue to experience explosive growth, thanks to our dedication to high quality work.
Currently seeking a qualified Payroll Analyst to join our team. Duties include processing payroll, conducting payroll audits, and assisting the finance department with payroll reports. Must have previous accounting and payroll experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processing bi-weekly payrolls for multiple companies using a 3rd party vendor software.
- Conduct pre and post Payroll audits reviews and submit payroll timely.
- Understand the impact of payroll tax and benefit funding.
- Understand the impact of pre-tax deductions and refund to employee taxable wages and year-end reporting
- Generate, format, and upload additional payments such as Severance and One-Time Bonus payments to the payroll system.
- Generate, format, and upload hours to be paid from 3rd party system to Time & attendance system.
- Assist the finance departments with reconciling payroll reports to the general ledger.
- Provide direct customer service to employees, internal/external business partners with high quality, professional and timely responses.
- Provide support for statutory/regulatory and tax audits by compiling required payroll information.
- Review and resolve issues for Garnishments, LOA and Benefit deduction discrepancies
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly, annual, audit process critical to the operation of the unit
- Liaison between Payroll and Benefits departments to resolve and/or correct discrepancies
- Work with employees, system provider, and various agencies to troubleshoot and resolve all Garnishment and LOA issues
- Receive, review, format, and update commissions for payment
- Apply company policies and procedures as they relate to payroll and states specific regulations.
- Meet local payroll compliance requirements
- Assist with financial, payroll, 401K, Workers’ Compensation audits as required
- Apply Company policies and procedures as they relate to payroll in specific countries, states
- Complete VOE requests for LOA payments related to loss of income cases
- Support and complete earnings verification requests for LTD
- Provide analysis and ad-hoc reports to support business partners
- Working knowledge of Federal and provincial payroll policies, including, taxes, overtime, and termination regulations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 5 yrs. experience in payroll, including Payroll tax review
- Processing of weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly payrolls through a third-party vendor software
- Advanced Excel ability required
- Effective employee and third-party query-handling experience
- The individual must be able to easily learn new applications and interpret and analyze payroll data while being innovative and able to adapt to change.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required to effectively resolve issues with HR, employees, Legal, etc. while sustaining a high level of confidentiality inherent to Payroll matters.
- Track record of support in payroll process improvement initiatives and implementations
- Basic payroll accounting experience
- Integrations and/or HR data feed experience an advantage
- Solid analytic and problem-solving ability
- Able to determine root cause and fully resolve issues
- Accountability, Customer Centered, Ethics & Values, Time Management, Priority Setting, Composure, Informing, Peer Relationships, Decision Quality, Dealing with Ambiguity, Planning
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel, and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions.
- Office environment.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.