Gateway Ambulance is looking for full-time EMTs at this time!
EMTs will promptly respond to requests for medical transportation, both emergency and non-emergency, and provide appropriate medical evaluation and care to the limit of his/her certification and training. Will professionally interact with other medical personnel and perform tasks to expedite the transport of the patient where appropriate. Will provides accurate written and verbal reports and participate in promoting the business and support the business philosophy at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operation of an ambulance: excellent driving skills in an emergency and non-emergency mode transporting patients. Render patient care utilizing the Standard of Care approved by the Medical Director and the Board of EMS in respective state.
- Providing support for Paramedics rendering advanced life support type treatment
- Setting up equipment and assisting in ALS procedures (i.e. heart monitor, IV’s, medications).
- Checking the unit at the beginning of shift, re-stocking the unit with supplies as needed, cleaning the ambulance and equipment after each run, cleaning and re-stocking the ambulance after shift, and inspecting equipment to ensure proper function.
- Completes PCR with full narrative documenting the nature of the dispatch, patient’s condition on scene, all care and treatments provided, including supplies to ensure maximum insurance reimbursement.
- Ensures that all necessary forms (PCS, Signature Form, ABN) are completed accurately and timely.
- Participate in housekeeping duties on a consistent basis.
- May also be required to perform duties as a Medical Transport Driver (Wheel Chair Van) when assigned by management.
- Accepts additional duties and assignments as needed to meet the needs of the customer and the company.
The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- lift and/or move up to 300 pounds or more with assistance from partner(s)
- grip up to 50 pounds
- push/pull stretchers weighing up to 125 pounds
- repetitively squat
- crawl into confined spaces
- climb stairs carrying 50 pounds of equipment
- reach with hands and arms
- talk, see, hear