Company Overview: Margaritaville and Landshark is a warm and inviting place where people from all walks of life come together to create paradise. We offer an exciting employment experience where creating and delivering fun and escapism for our guests is the goal we seek to exceed every day. We are one of the top employers due to our competitive wages, benefits packages, and the opportunity to advance your career and be part of the team. 90% of our team members say, "I Love My Job" and 92% say they are proud to work for Margaritaville and Landshark.
Benefits: Weekly Pay, Staff Member discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Fun upbeat working environment, Career Growth, 401K Matching, Paid time off, and more!
Job Overview: Performs office duties under regular supervision for all departments by performing the following duties:
- Counts and reconciles the safe at opening, shift change, and at closing with a manager present; maintains an adequate amount of change to be kept in the safe.
- Makes change for food and beverage servers, bartenders, and retail associates; makes and distributes Staff banks for both bartenders and retail associates.
- Reconciles net sales to individual sales audits.
- Distributes, tracks, and replenishes crash kits as needed.
- Answers telephones and directs calls to the appropriate person and/or department in a friendly, enthusiastic tone. Answers questions to the best of ability and/or directs questions to the appropriate person; writes and delivers accurate messages in a timely manner.
- Audits mail and distributes to appropriate party.
- Files and maintains department files and records; maintains department logs, records, and files.
- Maintains inventory of and distributes radios, keys, and pagers.
- Performs administrative duties and in-house errands as requested.
- Assists management in training new Staff Members within their department when applicable.
- Maintains constant communication with host Staff on current quoted/wait times for Guests.
- Laminates new Staff Member nametags.
- Sells and distributes uniform components to Staff Members.
- Distributes, tracks, and maintains promotional items.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to Guests; establishes rapport with all Guests through name recognition.
- Notifies Manager/Supervisor of low inventory and recommends new inventory; communicates opportunities and concerns.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by Management or Supervisors.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to Management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Six months in a guest service role with high volume cash handling experience required.
- One to two years of Microsoft Office to include proficiency in Excel and Word.
- High-volume phone answering experience preferred.
- Clerical experience and typing speed of 25 wpm; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- Health permit/food safety cards. Staff Member is required to obtain cards individually and provide proof of possession prior to first day of employment.
The characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Climbing, ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps.
- Required to stoop, kneel, or crouch on a regular basis.
- Walking, standing or reaching for long periods and distances.
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
- Feeling or grasping objects of different size and shape.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling, walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force frequently, constant lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Exposed to weather conditions and prevalent temperature changes.
- Subject to moderate to high ambient noise levels.
- Frequently required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently required to wash hands and/or wear gloves.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and guests.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas or instructions by the spoken word.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs and spread sheets.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.