Company Overview: Margaritaville and Landshark is a warm and inviting place where people from all walks of life come together to create paradise. We offer an exciting employment experience where creating and delivering fun and escapism for our guests is the goal we seek to exceed every day. We are one of the top employers due to our competitive wages, benefits packages, and the opportunity to advance your career and be part of the team. 90% of our team members say, "I Love My Job" and 92% say they are proud to work for Margaritaville and Landshark.
Benefits: Weekly Pay, Staff Member discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Fun upbeat working environment, Career Growth, 401K Matching, Paid time off, and more!
Job Overview: Responsible for maintaining a high degree of guest and staff member satisfaction while assisting with day-to-day operation of kitchen by performing the following duties:
- Supervises the flow of activity in the kitchen to and from the dining area.
- Ensures the highest quality product reaches our guest and meets specifications.
- Conducts daily shift meetings.
- Assists in training new staff members within their department.
- Assists management with motivating, developing, coaching, and counseling culinary staff to maintain food quality standards.
- Notifies management of low inventory and recommends new inventory.
- Responsible for ensuring expo is managed efficiently.
- Assists with labor controls and assigning duties to staff members.
- Responsible for reporting any Staff Member issues to management.
- Ensures a high standard of service efficiency, sanitation, and safety.
- Assists management with opening and closing responsibilities and assigning duties to Staff Members.
- Assists with coordination of catering/banquet functions with the appropriate Department Head.
- Ensures proper plate presentation and adherence to product specifications and recipe guidelines.
- Assists with ensuring quality of products and waste prevention.
- Ensures that all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
- One to two years kitchen experience in a high volume Food and Beverage environment.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Good judgment and decision making abilities.
- Basic computer skills, Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.
- High school degree or GED required.
- Health permit/food safety and Alcohol Awareness. Staff Member is required to obtain cards individually and provide proof of possession prior to first day of employment subject to local laws.
The characteristics described here are representative of these that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to spend 90% of working time standing, walking, and reaching and 10% of working time sitting.
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
- Feeling or grasping objects of different size and shape.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling while walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities including climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our guests in the primary language of the restaurant, specific to location. (Primarily English)
- Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.