Company Overview: Margaritaville and Landshark is a warm and inviting place where people from all walks of life come together to create paradise. We offer an exciting employment experience where creating and delivering fun and escapism for our guests is the goal we seek to exceed every day. We are one of the top employers due to our competitive wages, benefits packages, and the opportunity to advance your career and be part of the team. 90% of our team members say, "I Love My Job" and 92% say they are proud to work for Margaritaville and Landshark.
Benefits: Weekly Pay, Staff Member discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Fun upbeat working environment, Career Growth, 401K Matching, Paid time off, and more!
Job Overview: Responsible for cleaning and setting tables, general table maintenance, and maintaining a clean, sanitary, and safe work environment for all Staff Members and guests by performing the following duties:
- Maintains cleanliness around front façade of the building, guest restrooms, floors, and surrounding work areas by keeping the area swept, mopped, and free from spills, trash, debris, etc.
- Maintains positive guest satisfaction by answering questions thoroughly, handling complaints or directing them to a manager, and providing specific item suggestions and information about the establishment.
- Gathers and clears all tableware soiled through use and delivers to dishwasher.
- Scrapes, racks, and stacks glassware/plateware/silverware in dishwashing area.
- Clears and sets tables according to established procedures and standards. Performs these tasks with speed and efficiency.
- Sets-up and breaks down all equipment and supplies.
- Maintains adequate supply of ice to all service stations and ice bins.
- Changes empty bag in box sodas as needed.
- Moves tables and chairs to adjust floor plans for special functions, band performances, etc.
- Stocks all service stations with appropriate supplies, including glassware, silverware, paper products, etc.
- Pre-busses tables of all used glassware/plate ware/ silverware/etc. and maintains work areas, including organizing and cleaning service stations.
- Keeps all trash cans in service stations clean and empty; brings in empty cans after trash pickup.
- Knows all table numbers and floor plans in restaurant.
- Assists management in training new Staff Members within their department when applicable.
- Completes all opening, running, and closing duties as assigned.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Notifies manager/supervisor of low inventory and recommends new inventory; communicates opportunities and concerns.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with sense of urgency.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of company as established and outlined in Staff Member Handbook.
- Six months experience as a bus person or working in some aspect of the food and beverage industry preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Good judgment and decision making abilities
- High school degree or GED preferred
The characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to spend 100% of working time standing, walking, and reaching.
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
- Feeling or grasping objects of different size and shape.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling while walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities including climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our guests in the primary language of the restaurant, specific to location. (Primarily English)
- Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Exposed to weather conditions and prevalent temperature changes.
- Subject to moderate to high ambient noise levels.
- Frequently required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently required to wash hands and/or wear gloves.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and guests.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas or instructions by the spoken word.