The Credit Collections Specialist will facilitate collection of delinquent accounts; the Clerk will also assist individuals with the initial credit application process.
· Requests and pursues payment on delinquent accounts via communication with account holder.
· Follows established guidelines to review and update account status.
· Maintains log of payment promises and pertinent account details; schedules follow-up communication with account holder.
· Processes credit applications, collecting further information as needed.
· Reviews credit references by independently validating references provided by the applicant or by using a credit reporting service.
· Prepares recommendations for increasing or decreasing credit limits based on account holder’s payment history.
· Determines, based on established credit guidelines, credit limit to be approved.
· Consults with credit manager or other appropriate personnel when client credit requests exceed established guidelines.
· Monitors accounts receivable and cash receipt reports.
· Performs other related duties, as required.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to communicate with account holders in a courteous manner.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Two years of related experience in accounts receivable preferred.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer