Fairstead is a purpose driven, national real estate developer. We believe an organization united in worthy goals can improve individual lives, reshape communities, and spark societal change. We are committed to creative positive social, economic and environmental change in the lives of our residents and the communities we service and use these values to guide every decision we make. Our property management team specializes in improving and maintaining Fairstead communities through strengthening relationships with residents that foster a safe, healthy, high quality living experience. Our property Management team engages with its residents and neighborhoods to preserve each community’s unique identity and culture while maintaining its consistent, innovative, best practice approach.
Fairstead has an exciting opportunity for a multi-site properties, and we are looking for an Assistant Property Manager to join our team! The Multi-Site Assistant Property Manager assists and supports the planning, implementing, and managing the daily operations of the property. They assist in the management of onsite activities and the overall performance of the property. They perform a variety of duties including but not limited to administrative, financial, and resident relations.
- Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by responding to questions, complaints, and requests in a timely manner. Taking appropriate action to resolve and address service issues.
- Ensures the property’s maintenance team members responds and completes resident service requests.
- Assisting tenants with requests, questions, problems, and complaints
- Alerting staff of move ins, move outs, any emergencies
- Executes intervention strategies for tenants who are non-compliant with lease/compliance requirements.
- Documents lease violations and coordinate evictions.
- Provide excellent customer services and display courteous and professional attitude towards all residents and visitors
- Responsible for regularly tracking arrears and following up with tenants per the company policy.
- Oversee the lease renewal program for appropriate retention rate.
- Works within house legal team to track status of rent payments.
- Oversee accounting transactions and ensure all rents are collected, posted, and deposited daily.
- Create purchase orders in Yardi.
- Answer phone calls, messages, and emails promptly; within a few hours but never to exceed 24 hours.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules.
- Consistently works to clear HPD, ECB, DOB violations
- Perform other duties as needed
To perform the job successfully, the following skills and/or experience is required to qualify for the position.
- Two (2) years of experience in mixed income/market rate leasing or property management
- Knowledge and experience in the local residential market
- Experience with Yardi
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Great Customer Service skills.
- Able to learn and work with property management applications.
- Quick learner and great attitude.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compensation: $33 - $36 + overtime eligible
Health Benefits: Generous employer contribution medical, dental. Employer paid vision.
15 PTO, 7 sick days
Generous holiday schedule, paid maternity leave
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- 401K Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Long Term Disability
- Nationwide Pet Insurance
Fairstead is a purpose-driven real estate firm dedicated to building sustainable communities across the country. Headquartered in New York, with offices in Colorado, Florida, Maryland, and South Carolina, Fairstead oversees a $7.8 billion portfolio in assets and identified pipeline, and owns and manages more than 170 communities across 28 states. Fairstead’s commitment to communities is realized through a comprehensive platform that leverages in-house expertise in acquisitions, development, design and construction, marketing, and property management. Fairstead also implements some of the industry’s most proactive sustainability, resiliency, and community impact programs to foster positive social, economic, and environmental change. In 2022, the company launched Fairstead Ventures, a proptech investment initiative dedicated to fundamentally changing the standards in the housing industry with a focus on energy and decarbonization.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values