Vertical Knowledge is a Cleveland-based open source data technology company. Since 2007 our team has worked to create a scalable framework that provides our clients with compliant access to relevant signals within the massive amount of open source data that exists today. We're building a future where open source data can be identified, collected and leveraged to serve our clients’ AI needs.
We’re seeking a Cyber Security Engineer in our Chagrin Falls, Ohio office. However this person can also sit in Tampa, Florida or Fayetteville, North Carolina. Under the direction of the Director of IT, this individual will have a variety of responsibilities across IT infrastructure. This position is designed for individuals who have multiple years of InfoSec experience and a strong background in systems/network administration. The primary duties of this role are to implement, monitor, and pen test cloud and on prem systems. Experience with Python, Azure, AWS, and Ansible is absolutely required.
• Experience with reverse engineering on a popular architecture (x86_64, ARM, etc)
• Experience with social engineering (in person, phone based, phishing)
• Demonstrated ability in offensive security operations (CTFs, public GitHub repository with tooling/exploits)
• Penetration Testing experience within Active Directory based networks
• Ability to audit applications written in at least one of the following: .NET, Python
• Ability to write proof-of-concept exploits for web application vulnerabilities
• Systems or network engineering/administration, network/enterprise architecture experience
• Experience with cloud environments (AWS, Azure, etc)
• Experience with Ansible
• Experience with Prometheus
• Experience with Python and GO lang
Candidates Must Possess:
• US Citizenship
• Ability to pass background checks
• Penetration Testing experience
• Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science/Engineering or related field and 1-3 years of security experience with at least 1 year of offense-based experience
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS & SALARY
• Company paid premiums for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
• Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions
• 401(k) retirement plan with financial planning
• Unlimited vacation days
• Flexible work schedules
• Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
• A casual work environment and dog friendly office
Vertical Knowledge LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. VK is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. VK will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodations for Applying
Applicants who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Vertical Knowledge LLC application and selection processes. If you require an accommodation in applying through our online system, please send an email to Careers@vk.ai. Please note that this email address is not to be used for checking on the status of an application.