At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Junior Database Developer works with and under the guidance of the senior staff on the DBA Team to assist with the technical design, development and ongoing improvements relating to our databases and systems. Tasks include but not limited to reviewing/troubleshooting daily data load jobs, query performance review, data loading work, data extraction, stored procedure development, deadlock resolution, report creation and assisting with level 1 database administration and monitoring.
- Executes database related activities for changes to all database objects primarily in OLTP designs.
- Conducts performance tuning using SQL query, stored procedures, and database engine under the guidance of senior-level staff.
- Works with the DBA Team to help coordinate and assist development teams in creating database procedures, functions and triggers.
- Participates in the identification, prioritization, and development of technical initiatives and strategies.
- Assist with identifying production performance issues, blocking and deadlocks, and long-running queries.
- Assists with the administration, high availability, redundancy, security, and performance monitoring of all relational databases in production and non-production environments.
- Perform daily system health checks including reviewing job failures and basic troubleshooting. Coordinate with other teams to address issues and escalate to senior-level staff when appropriate.
- Assist with creating database, process, and technical documentation
- Participates in release process meetings.
- Collaborates with team members and business partners in defining, designing, developing an implementing technology solution to improve business functions.
- May be required to provide support before, during, and after normal business hours as well as nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- At least 1 year of experience designing solutions with Microsoft and SQL Server 2012 or higher is required.
- Experience using a variety of methods to identify and resolve database related performance issues or errors is preferred.
- Experience with Source Control repositories is preferred.
- Experience with extract/transform/load [ETL] tools such as SSIS and reporting with tools such as SSRS is preferred.
- Experience with utilizing XML structures within data stores is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies [ASP.NET, C#, etc.] and Object-Oriented development concepts is preferred.
- Experience with the legal/court system is helpful.
- Experience with background screening is helpful.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer, Information Technology, or a related field is preferred.
- Years of relevant experience: 1 to 2 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Open Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an EEOC Employer