Come grow with us! Elite DNA Behavioral Health is one of the largest providers of behavioral and mental health services in Florida – and we’re expanding quickly! We believe in providing high-quality, accessible care to our patients and a supportive environment that allows our team to grow professionally.
Our goal is to hire you – the best talent – to support our mission and allow you to grow with us.
We thrive on a mutual goal of providing excellent care to our patients through our comprehensive care services and collaborative culture. Elite DNA is the pioneer of the care coordination approach to mental health, where all patients are matched with their ideal services and providers prior to receiving direct care. Our team is at the forefront of providing leading-edge therapy services – from psychotherapy to psychiatry – to specialized programs such as psychosocial rehabilitation, EMDR, and group therapy.
Everything we do here at Elite DNA is guided by integrity and compassion for our patients and employees.
When you join the Elite DNA team, you’ll feel proud to be a part of the group that helps children, adults, and families in our communities live better lives.
Elite DNA Behavioral Health is seeking to hire two full-time Patient Financial Counselors to join our team in the Ft. Myers office.
As a Patient Financial Counselor, you will be responsible for proactively managing the patient responsibility portion of the Accounts Receivable (AR). The Patient Financial Counselors is responsible for making sure Elite DNA Behavioral Health’s Financial Policies are understood by all patients. The Patient Financial Counselor will proactively collaborate with patients to perform benefits investigation, educate patients regarding their plan benefits, collect payments, and monitor and collect outstanding balances to minimize outstanding patient Accounts Receivable (AR).
· Has complete understanding of Elite DNA Behavioral Health’s Financial Policy.
· Can communicate terms of Financial Policy to patients for full comprehension of payment expectations.
· Has an expert level of knowledge regarding insurance benefits, coordination of benefits, insurance verification, benefits
investigation, and payer network participation.
· Is friendly and courteous to patients while educating and communicating expectations.
· Ability to successfully obtain estimated patient responsibility, communicate estimated responsibility to patients and collect
estimated patient responsibility portion of claim.
· Will work collaboratively with the billing department and front desk to ensure there is a complete understanding related to
patient’s financial plan.
· Responsible for Point of Service Collections for patient outstanding balances.
· Responsible for setting up payment plans within practice guidelines for patients who cannot pay balance in full.
· Assists patients with Care Credit applications; Educates applicants regarding Care Credit terms.
· Responsible for processing accounts following the procedures outlined in the department’s Pre- Collection policy and procedure.
· Other duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Working knowledge of common office computer programs; Word, Excel, Internet.
· Complete understanding of insurance benefits.
· Ability to read and explain an explanation of benefits form from insurance carriers.
· Ability to educate patients regarding their individual benefit plan, the practice Financial Policy, and our expectations regarding patient financial responsibility.
· Must be able to work independently and multitask.
· Have ability to communicate effectively and assertively while demonstrating compassion and empathy for patient’s individual situations.
· Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
· 2+ years’ experience performing accounts receivable related duties in a medical practice billing office.
· Experience working with the public via telephone and face-to-face conversation required.
This position earns competitive compensation plus a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, annual PTO of 15 days with tenure recognition incentives, one additional paid day for your birthday and Employee Assistance Program. We also offer opportunities for growth, as well as a great team atmosphere that empowers you to seek better ways to deliver service and take ownership of outcomes in providing quality service and support.
To apply visit www.elitedna.com/careers