Essentia’s Enterprise Technology engagements have connected sprawling Fortune 100 corporate campuses, 80,000-strong stadiums on gameday, and transportation entities responsible for moving millions. As Essentia throttles its growth, the company is looking to expand this focus. And it’s seeking a Sales Lead for Enterprise Technology to lead the charge. This role will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Essentia Technology’s bidding and capture within existing and new markets. This position plays a vital role in identifying and executing proposals to capture new work for the Enterprise Division. Additional consideration will be given to candidates who have experience scaling sales and capture for high-growth companies.
· Identify and execute multiple capture and proposal efforts, with a focus on Enterprise Technology.
· Provide best-in-class approaches to disrupt market trends through use of Essentia’s technology.
· Act as capture manager and lead response team(s) in proposal writing through the life cycle of color team reviews and delivery.
· Build and maintain a culture of continued excellence through individual and team growth.
· Collaborate with technical writers to lead to successful adherence to requirements within proposals.
· Effectively lead customer meetings.
· Exercise independent initiative in researching and analyzing current and emerging industry trends shaping construction and operations.
· Work seamlessly with Senior Leadership and cross-functional teams, using team building and a collaborative approach to drive internal process improvement and external growth activities.
· Assist general management with developing a forecast of growth in key markets.
· Bachelor's Degree with construction management, operations management, or technology education. Equivalent experience or training may substitute for the education requirement. Master's Degree preferred.
· Telecommunication sales experience, including DAS, WIFI, structured cabling, GPON, and traditional switched ethernet networks.
· 10 years or more experience with telecommunication / Enterprise technology sales.
· Working experience with Salesforce.
· Preference for a strategic leader who is forward thinking and will understand the applicability of cutting-edge technologies within the Enterprise space.
· Must have the ability to forecast growth trends and target markets.
· Required experience leading high-functioning proposal teams.
· Familiarity with telecom equipment and material.
· Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
· Strong leadership skills, consensus building capability, influencing skills, and credibility with other functional areas; demonstrated ability to lead change.
· Ability to effectively solve complicated issues.
· Accustomed to managing capture and business development on a large regional or national footprint.
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is a top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- United Healthcare medical plan
- Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
- Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents
- Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
- 8 paid holidays and 12 days PTO to start
- Career development tuition reimbursement
- Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
- A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
- We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
- Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
- We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
- We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
- INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
- COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
- IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
- JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we find the candidate who meets or exceeds our expectations. Interviews will be conducted virtually, with the potential of in-person interviews for local candidates, and will include a meeting with the CFO, pre-employment cognitive and personality assessments, a background screening, and drug test. We offer an industry competitive compensation package that looks to reward candidates based on their experience and skills as they pertain to the role’s requirements.
Essentia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. Essentia also participates in the federal eVerify program.