Deerwood Bank is now hiring for a qualified Real Estate Lender to work in its Mendota Heights branch. This position is responsible for structuring and closing real estate loans as well as developing new business. You will represent the bank in the local community through active involvement in community affairs and participate in marketing all of the bank’s products and services with a primary focus on our mortgage products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Source and develop loans for all aspects of our market including but not limited to: Residential Real Estate, Home Equity Lines of Credit and Construction for both in house portfolio lending as well as secondary market lending.
- Negotiate terms, structure loan financing based on risk considerations and present credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority within the bank or with an investor in accordance with bank policies & procedures as well as following investor guidelines.
- Complete necessary credit investigations on each loan application as appropriate for keeping credit files current for the duration of the loan including responsibility for collecting documentation from borrowers in a timely manner and ensuring all title and underwriting conditions are met prior to closing.
- Work with loan team to ensure that all pertinent documentation is complete and accurate, complies with company policies, procedures and regulations as well as ensuring the collateral has been properly secured.
- Monitor progress for construction loans in process as well as periodic inspections following bank policy.
- Maximize bank profitability through appropriate pricing of new loan originations and fee income.
- Support the bank’s strong relationship banking culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service, and superior product knowledge.
- To support the strong relationship banking culture Lender’s must ensure that closings are coordinated in a timely manner and the ensure all loan closing proceedings run smoothly while making efforts to attend the closings when possible if they are not being done by the Lender themselves.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all customers, potential customers, referral sources, investors and co-workers.
- Work as a team with Processing staff in allocating tasks and coordinating the work flow.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals.
- Submit files via the tasks Queue for processing, underwriting and disclosing.
- Effectively manage your loan portfolio while maintaining a positive rapport with borrowers. Will be required to connect with borrowers regarding their delinquent loans to discuss a plan and ensure actions are executed to resolved payment issues while following all bank policies and procedures as well as adhering to regulations regarding debt collection practices.
- Willingly perform all other duties & projects as assigned as well as providing back up to other positions within the Mortgage Department.
- Current, valid NMLS license in good standing
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well independently and as a team.
- Maintains strong organization with handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
If this sounds like you, apply today!
About Deerwood Bank
Founded in Deerwood, Minnesota in 1910, Deerwood Bank is a community bank that strives to take a complicated financial world and make it nice & simple. Nice in how we treat our staff and loyal customers. Simple in our products – no fuss here… simple and easy-to-understand products and services. With 12 locations around Minnesota, we’re bringing nice & simple banking to your community!
Deerwood Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.