Position: Training Initiatives Program Representative
Salary Range: $51,000-55,000
Business Unit: Operations
Department: Workforce Strategies
Reports To: Manager of Training Initiatives
Posted: September 9- September 23, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
This position will support the Manager of Training Initiatives in attracting, supporting, and managing a robust group of vocational skills training contractors. This position will be the primary contact for designated vocational skills training contractors. The overall responsibilities will include assessment, planning and continuous improvement based on monitoring results, and effective communication of providers’ operational success.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
• Provide technical assistance to contracted providers to ensure program performance, including compliance with contract requirements and Department of Human Services/Bureau of Employment Programs guidelines and Scope of Services.
• Utilize and modify existing program monitoring tools and develop new tools to ensure program performance.
• Prepare timely reports of all performance review findings; develop new reports within existing data systems; using data obtained from monitoring tools, analyze trends and inefficiencies that are identified and make recommendations for improvement.
• Support continuous improvement and the implementation of new projects/ideas/concepts:
? Be the influencer of change
? Communicate processes/procedures to providers in a consistent manner
? Provide training to providers on new processes/procedures, as needed
? Follow through to ensure consistent and efficient implementation
• Maintain current knowledge of contract goals and performance standards, guidelines and State program guidelines policies.
• Coordinate the internal review process for approved Vocational Skills Training proposals from distribution of review materials to collection and tracking results; maintain physical and virtual records for all Vocational Skills Training respondents including proposals and documents submitted, and any subsequent Philadelphia Works correspondence.
• Identify trends among contracted providers regarding deficiencies in documentation and work with management to formulate solutions.
• Provide technical assistance, via phone and on-site visits, to vocational skills training providers to ensure program performance and compliance with contract requirements and program guidelines.
• Work closely with internal contracting staff to accurately submit contract requisitions and review and approve invoices.
• Identify repetitive performance deficiencies among providers based on trends, comparisons or recommendations made as a result of program monitoring and formulate solutions:
? Develop and conduct individual and/or group training, on an as-needed basis
? Conduct regular discussion of contractual performance with provider management
? Collaborate with PWI Training Initiatives Team to develop and implement new policies/protocols/procedures based on monitoring findings, trends, etc.
• Assist in preparation of written presentations of the department’s programs including, but not limited to board book entries.
• Review, sort and classify correspondence and answer those which are within the delegated authority areas.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Human Services, Education, Business Management or related field with 2 to 3 years’ experience in monitoring and/or quality assurance and contract administration. At least 1 year of experience in teaching, education, or curriculum development and 1 year of experience with Data Management is preferred.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Strong analytical, reporting and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation, planning and organizational skills
• Strong ability to interpret Contract Scope of Service
• Proficient in Word and Excel and working knowledge of Power Point
• Intermediate to proficient in Instructional Design
• Ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff, management, government officials, and the public
• Ability to travel to various locations throughout the city
What We Offer
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.