Conair, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is a leading producer of auxiliary equipment for the plastics processing industry. We make and market over 450 different products, including resin-drying systems, blenders, feeders and material-conveying systems, temperature-control equipment and granulators. Extrusion solutions include gravimetric control systems, film and sheet scrap-reclaim systems and downstream equipment for pipe and profile extrusion. Conair is also a leader in plastics process integration, engineering and installing complete manufacturing systems that help plastics processors manage their valuable raw materials, handle their critical manufactured parts, and improve their process yield.
The Senior Electrical Engineer designs, develops and tests all aspects of electrical components, equipment, machinery, and software and maintains involvement in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of products. This position also coordinates activities to evaluate and resolve product or process related problems. The Electrical Engineer II position reports to the Engineering Manager and is located in Pinconning, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in an environment which encourages teamwork, innovation, trust, and customer inspired motivation;
- Design and develop electronics and circuits;
- Applies engineering processes to the design and manufacture of products to achieve the lowest overall cost and enhance product value to the customer;
- Develop and document electronic schematics for products;
- Verifies concepts and ideas in the most efficient manner possible using analytical tools and/or concept level prototype testing; documents the process and results of the verification;
- Creates or directs others in the creation of models, drawings and documents necessary to build products using industry standard practices;
- Validates the functionality of the product; documents the process and results of the validation;
- Provides data necessary to support the sales, marketing, installation, operation and maintenance;
- Supports the manufacturing, sustaining engineering and quality teams during the initial manufacturing;
- Develops improvements in function, fit, form or safety of existing products as assigned by his/her manager;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or related field) and/or five (5)+ years of direct work experience without formal education;
- Position typically expects two (2)+ years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of position;
- Works under minimal supervision;
- Primary job functions typically require exercising independent judgment;
- Must be able to use engineering principles in the design of products or systems;
- Able to design according to industry standard requirements such as UL, NFPA, CE, and other specifications;
- Travel as needed to other locations in execution of assigned tasks;
- Ability to design products utilizing computer-aided tools (AutoCAD/SolidWorks);
- Automation control programing experience (Emerson, Allen-Bradley, or similar);
- Basic knowledge and use of test equipment such as oscilloscope, multimeter, and others;
- Moderate PC skills in MS Office software for design calculations and reports.
The IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling and industrial heat transfer markets. IPEG, Inc. is a corporate entity which provides best-in-class manufacturing and business support services to its brands in order to create a competitive advantage for each of the brands to drive better solutions for customers.
At IPEG, we focus on two things: Customers and Employees. And we have a saying that if we do right by both of them, everything else takes care of itself. We have formalized this into IPEG’s Purpose: To foster excellence and inspire confidence in our customers and employees.
IPEG offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.