Job title: Event Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The mission of Sandy Cove Ministries is to help people connect with God and each other in order to be transformed into the image of Christ, through His Word, His creation and community.
Position Summary: The position is responsible for providing superior conference related services (cleaning and setting up rooms with chairs and tables) for guests at Sandy Cove Program and Group Ministry events.
General Purpose: To provide a distraction-free environment for guests by cleaning and setting up meeting rooms and meeting guest needs so that they are able to connect with God and each other
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Physically able to carry out room set ups including the lifting and moving of tables, chairs, staging and other conferencing equipment
- Able to take direction, accept task assignments and work through to completion with timeliness and accuracy
- Flexibility and willingness to interrupt assignment to quickly respond to urgent matte
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Set up conference rooms by accurately preparing room with all requested furnishings and equipment (i.e. chairs, tables, staging, podium and more)
- Provide custodial maintenance of conference rooms by thoroughly cleaning, vacuuming and refreshing each meeting room between uses.
- Perform conference room tidies by periodically cleaning and straightening of each conference room throughout its daily use
- Set up and break down common areas as needed for snack breaks, vendor displays, and other special uses
- Empty trash in common areas
- Monitor the condition of and immediately report any damages of Sandy Cove property to the Banquet Manager
- Monitor and service water coolers to maintain ample supply of water for the number of guests
- Securing the premises as directed each evening and unlocking the premises as needed
- Work closely with Operations, Front Desk, Housekeeping and Food Services to ensure seamless coverage of services for our guests
- Assist groups with their setup as needed to ensure safety for both the guests and for our Facility (i.e. hanging banners, and such) and respond to urgent group requests for changes in temperature, lighting, and custodial needs)
- Perform basic setup, operation, and problem solving of SCM standard technical service
- Carry out miscellaneous assignments and duties as directed
- Attend a weekly departmental meeting with supervisor and manager
- Perform any other reasonable tasks
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Ability to learn new systems and procedures as services and equipment evolve
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment and to use cleaning supplies
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to properly work and care for technically-oriented equipment
- Positive work attitude and excellent communication skills
Non-Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with Audio and Visual equipment
- CPR and First Aid Certified
Reporting to this position: None.
Physical demands of work environment:The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to almost constantly moving by either standing, walking, using hands, bending, lifting tables & chairs, climbing stairs, balancing, stooping, and kneeling. Seeing, talking, hearing and sitting are also required. There is a lot of repetitive motion. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee can be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time, but mostly works inside in a hotel environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.