Dwelling Place of Grand Rapids is looking for a Chief Financial Officer!
Summary Directs the organization's financial planning and accounting practices as well as its relationship with lending institutions, investors, and the financial community by performing the following duties personally or through directly supervised or other staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees and directs budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, financial reporting, long-range forecasting, payroll processing, personnel recordkeeping, and insurance activities for the organization.
- Provides and directs procedures to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Directs activities such as custodian of funds, securities, and assets of the organization.
- Appraises the organization's financial position and issues periodic reports on the organization's financial stability, liquidity, and growth including, but not limited to, projections of cash and capital needs.
- Supports and reviews real estate development activities and works to ensure financial resources are available to support development activities.
- Coordinates tax reporting programs and investor relations activities.
- Directs and analyzes studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organization's policies and operations.
- Analyzes operational issues impacting functional groups and the whole institution and determines their financial impact.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with financial institutions and the investment community.
- Participates in developing and implementing agency administrative policy.
Supervisory Responsibilities Supervises one or more employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Five or more years of related experience. Master’s Degree and Certified Public Accountant License preferred.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Benefits: Benefits includes and starts the first day of work
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Group Term Life Insurance
· Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Voluntary Life Insurance to include spouse and children
· Paid Parental Leave
· Voluntary Pet Insurance
· Enrolled in 403(b)-Retirement account, company match up to 5% available per plan document
· Access to the Employee Assistance Center
· Eligibility for Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
· 11 Paid Holidays per Year
· Sick Time Accrual (Up to 80 hours annually)
· Increasing Vacation Time Accrual
· Personal Time (Up to 3 days annually)
· Job Training
· Salary is commensurate with experience. Dwelling Place is targeting a salary range of $135,000 to $165,000 annually for this position
Dwelling Place is an EEO employer.