The Start-Up/Support Broker will assist every person they support to develop a complete, individualized Self Direction Plan. To produce an individualized level of supports the Broker will actively participate in the person’s circle of support, facilitate person centered planning, complete routine monitoring and maintenance of the plan and when necessary will assist with advocating for appropriate supports. The Broker will continuously collaborate with the Fiscal Intermediary agency to assure effective supports are being provided. Once the transition to support services occurs the Broker will provide a variety of ongoing supports to ensure the successful, person centered implementation of each person’s Self Direction budget. The Broker will assure the completion of all necessary documentation as dictated by the New York State Self Direction Guidance and subsequent Administrative Memorandums.
Responsible to: Director of Self Direction
- To assist with implementing each person’s individualized Self Direction Plan
- To monitor/maintain/amend the individuals Self Direction Plan to best suit the individual’s goals and maximize their potential.
- To assist the person with recruiting and retaining staff.
- To comply with all state, federal and agency policies, procedures, regulations as indicated by OPWDD.
- To maintain all records as required by the Self Direction Guidance and all applicable Administration Memorandums.
- To abide by all agency vehicle policies.
- To attend any trainings, meetings and updates as needed.
- Participate as an active member of the individuals’ Circle of Support.
- Flexibility of schedule to assist the people you support as needed.
- Any and all other related duties as requested by supervisor.
- Must obtain and maintain Office for People with Developmental Disability (OPWDD) Start Up/Support Broker Authorization
- Must maintain 12 hours of professional development annually
- Associate’s Degree in a Human Services Related Field with 2 years experience working with individuals with disabilities; OR Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services Related Field with 1 year experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Program specific training (provided)
- Valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if using your own vehicle.
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times
Physical / Cognitive Requirements:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Adherence to Agency policies