The Start up Self Direction Coordinator (SDC) will be the primary contact person/support for all start up fiscal intermediary related matters. The Start up SDC will act as a point person for the SDCs and individuals/advocates receiving services. They will schedule and execute launch meetings and assist people with transition to support services. The Start up Self Direction Coordinator will assist the start up team with setting up and maintaining individual financial accounts for each participant based on the approved Self Direction Plan/Budget. The Start up SDC will be responsible for attending any Self Direction participant’s launch or Life Plan meetings as needed to assist the start up team.
The Start up SDC will support all teams in understanding all AIM Self Direction policies and procedures and assist in obtaining all required waiver documentation.
- Assist with education of all fiscal intermediary policies and procedures.
- Supporting teams with any individualized tasks throughout the start up process.
- Processing information in accordance with OPWDD requirements.
- Participate as an active member of the individuals’ program team and Circle of Support.
- Flexibility of schedule to ensure individual supports and program implementation.
- Any and all other related duties as requested by supervisor.
Responsible to: Lead Start up Self Direction Coordinator
- Associate’s Degree in a Human Services Related Field with 2 years experience working with individuals with disabilities OR High School Degree with 4 years experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred and one year as a Fiscal Intermediary Coordinator
- Program specific training (provided)
- Valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if using your own vehicle.
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times
- Complete the Broker Training Institute (BTI) and any supplemental trainings when offered.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Reading / Math skills at a level to perform job duties (read-implement physician orders, prepare recipes, read program documentation, complete budget computations, etc.)
- Demonstrated interest and ability to make possible the personal outcomes of individuals receiving services
- Adherence to Agency policies including attendance policy