Lower Lakes Towing operates a fleet of self-unloading bulk carriers and conventional bulk carriers in Canada. These vessels transport a diverse array of dry bulk commodities including limestone, coal, iron ore, salt, grain and other commodities for more than 50 long-standing customers in the construction, electric utility, integrated steel and food industries.
"We can go where the big ships go and also where they can't!"
We have immediate openings for the position of 4th Class Marine Engineer aboard our Canadian flagged self-unloading and flat-back bulk carriers.
- Efficient operation, upkeep, maintenance and cleanliness of all machinery and machinery spaces including deck machinery, equipment and spare parts
- Economical use of Engine Room Department stores (including receiving, stowage and care)
- While standing the watch, responsible for the safe and proper operation of the boilers, propelling machinery and it's auxiliaries
- Adherence to federal environmental standards and familiarity with Oil Spill Response activities
Qualifications * Experience on dry bulk carriers with self unloading gear is an asset
- Minimum 4th Class Ticket required
- Permanent Residence Status or Canadian Citizenship required
Benefits * One of the best leave systems on the Great Lakes
- Opportunity for advancement
- Tuition Assistance
- Highly competitive pay