Hourigan is the go-to fully integrated construction management and development firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. We’re focused on establishing solid partnerships that are based on collaboration, trust, and respect. Our team approaches each moment with our shared values—lead forward, serve with integrity, and never disappoint—in mind. If you have a collaborative mindset, crave to a make a difference, and want to elevate your career, we have a place for you.
We have an opening for a collaborative and driven individual to join our team as a Project Executive. The Project Executive has mastered all technical aspects of construction project management and is responsible for leading a team of Project Managers and Senior Project Managers across a business unit to deliver well managed projects that meet and exceed owner expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for management and oversight of multiple Project Managers/Senior Project Managers and their respective teams.
- Drives Hourigan’s commitment to excellence by leading his/her team to effectively and efficiently every project to meet and exceed owner expectations.
- Manage project profitability across the team through reasonable cost oversight and negotiations as needed.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects of significant complexity, size and scope at varying stages within a lifecycle.
- Assists in business development efforts through community involvement, outreach and networking.
- Mastered the art of relationship building with employees, owners, architects, subcontractors, and community players.
- Comfortable making and delivering compelling presentations to external stakeholders on Hourigan’s behalf.
- Lead a team of employees, providing oversight, direction, and mentoring in accordance to Hourigan’s policies and procedures.
- Coach and develop team members to grow within the organization and take on increased levels of responsibility.
- Foster and cultivate a team culture that aligns with Hourigan’s mission and values.
- Determine manpower needs and engage in recruiting and hiring efforts in collaboration with People Strategies.
- Participate in the Hourigan Safety and Health Management System (SHMS) by committing to safe work practices, raising concerns, attending and applying safety and health training, and eliminating hazards within your capability and control and the help of safety staff.
- Provide resources and support to ensure positive safety and health outcomes in line with the Hourigan SHMS.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 15+ years of industry experience
- At least 10+ years’ experience working with a general contractor.
- A variety of construction project experience, from renovations to constructing large free standing facilities
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Construction estimating, means and methods, accounting, document administration, and a thorough understanding of industry practices.
- Application of LEED certifications is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with scheduling software, Textura, CMiC, and Bluebeam preferred.
- Applies a customer-centric mindset to all work efforts.
- Possess an innate ability to lead a team and empower others to drive results.
- Approach every responsibility and interaction with a high level of integrity, fairness, care, and concern.
- Lead forward by seeing challenges as a way to create new possibilities and solutions.
- Consistently deliver beyond expectations to provide exceptional results.
- Some periodic travel may be required.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability, 401k employer match, and paid time off.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or protected Veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.