Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation is seeking summer staff to support the Grow Detroit’s Young Talent (GDYT) program. The 2023 GDYT program is designed to provide quality, meaningful learning, and employment experiences for youth ages 14 to 24. The program will serve an estimated 8,000 Detroit youth. The Worksite Monitor will serve as the primary point of contact and support for both youth and employer partners during the summer work experience. Worksite Monitors are essential to the success of the program and must possess the following key values: excellence, respect, compassion, honesty, customer-focus, quality-driven, teamwork, and innovation. This position is a temporary (June- September), contractual position. This position will report to the GDYT Director of Operations.
· Some college/university experience preferred
· Possess 1-2 years of experience working with youth and/or employment programs
· Demonstrate organizational skills, written, verbal, and basic computer skills
· Must have workable knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Word, Zoom, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite
· Demonstrate ability to interact, plan, and communicate program goals and outcomes
· Strong customer service skills and ability to interact with youth, parents, and worksite staff
· Demonstrate ability to collect, manage, and assess various program documents
· Must have your own reliable transportation with the ability to travel to various worksites.
· Must have a mobile phone
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIIES
· Exhibit flexibility within the workday to accommodate the needs of each worksite and the GDYT Program
· Serve as a liaison for assigned worksites while providing support for both virtual and in-person GDYT youth participants
· Serve as liaison and provide support to GDYT employer partners
· Visit assigned worksites at least twice a week
· Validate timesheets, review stipend benchmark achievements and other payroll requirements
· Monitor participants’ work experience, document and report any issues or violations to proper personnel
· Mediate youth concerns/issues with worksites, payroll, etc.
· Monitor youth attendance and behavior issues in partnership with worksites
· Complete one site visit log and monitoring reports weekly
· Manage youth pre-and post-surveys
· Secure employer performance appraisals and surveys
· Participate in required GDYT orientations and meetings
· Provide youth with referrals to support services as needed
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Mandatory attendance for scheduled GDYT events
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
LICENSES: Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License
OTHER: Background check and drug screen required. Salary commensurate with experience.
POSITION STATUS: Temporary/Contractual