The Accounts Payable and Payroll Manager will work in the Central office and will support the CFO and the overall organization by ensuring all employees are paid appropriately and accurately, managing the organization’s retirement benefits, and overseeing the organization’s Accounts Payable and Expense Management processes. This position requires a high level of attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to work autonomously as well as within a team. We allow hybrid work models for certain positions.
Payroll and Retirement
- Setup new employee base information and update current employee information, including pay rates, taxes, garnishments, and benefit deductions.
- Process bi-weekly payroll including verifying hours through electronic timesheets, calculating overtime and retro pay, processing benefit deductions, direct deposit setup, etc.
- Research and resolve all payroll issues/discrepancies in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide support to employees in resolving payroll and electronic timesheet issues and answering any of their other payroll-related questions.
- Set up and manage personnel allocations in HRIS.
- Ensure documentation is current on all new and existing payroll applications and processes.
- Compute monthly workers compensation and short-term disability and prepare billing.
- Compute monthly PFML and prepare billing.
- Works closely with the CFO to oversee the organizations retirement benefits.
- Coordinate 401K changes that impact payroll calculation, deductions, taxes, accrual, etc.
- Review reports each payroll to ensure that 401(k) deductions are accurate and up to date and reconcile with information held by the record keeper, MA Mutual.
- Handle escalated 401K inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- As Plan Administrator review and approve employee distributions, loans, rollovers, etc. and maintain a record of the transactions.
- Work with our third-party administrator in the preparation of and distribution to employee accounts of the matching component of the retirement plan.
- Work with our third-party administrator and our auditors in the preparation of the annual audited retirement report and the preparation and filing of the associated tax reports.
- Communicate to staff changes made to the retirement plan and employer contributions to their retirement accounts.
- For those employees temporarily out on a leave of absence or disability, and with an outstanding loan from their retirement account, suspend their payments made through payroll in MA Mutual and upon return have Ma Mutual recalculate a new loan payment amount.
- Prepare and post the retirement plan’s Summary Annual Report on Paylocity.
- Participate in meetings with the third-party administrator.
- Assist HR with open enrollment for retiree insurance benefits.
- Ensures retirement plans are administered in accordance with company, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of legal and regulatory changes, trends, and other developments affecting retirement benefits.
Accounts Payable and Expense Management
- Oversee the accounts payable process including processing invoices, collecting vendor and client documentation and information, setting up vendors and clients in BILL, and supporting vendors and clients as needed.
- Review BILL for invoices that need to be approved and/or paid and follow up with the CFO and staff as needed.
- Oversee the monthly credit card reconciliation process by creating and reviewing expense reports, syncing them into the accounting system, and following up with staff as needed.
- Review staff reimbursements and add to payroll.
- Manage staff, vendor, and client inquiries regarding invoices, payments, coding and allocations, credit card transactions and supporting documentation, and reimbursements.
- Oversee the annual 1099 process.
- Assist with annual audits and other work as needed.
- Candidate must have a minimum of two years of payroll experience
- Experience working with outsourced payroll vendors, preferably ADP and Paylocity and experience working with electronic timekeeping
- One to two years of experience with accounts payable and expense management is preferred
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Must be able to be self-directed and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage sensitive/confidential information appropriately
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced and changing environments
- Ethical Practice
- Cultural Awareness with a dedication to diversity and inclusion
- Spirit of collaboration and teamwork
HopeWell offers a comprehensive total rewards package that values employee wellness, work-life balance, and continuous learning. Benefits include student loan pay-down assistance, tuition reimbursement, funding for professional development, as well as a full suite of healthcare benefits, and generous paid-time-off.