United Way of Connecticut is based in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. We are conveniently situated right off of I-91, and are close to many shopping plazas, restaurants and public transit.
Every hour of every day, people in Connecticut turn to United Way of Connecticut for assistance. Our Care4Kids team helps low to moderate income families in Connecticut pay for child care costs.
This team needs a self-starting C4K Document Center Supervisor to oversee all components of C4K Document Center operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Ensure all components of document center operations provide consistency, quality and adherence to document center defined contract measurements and standards.
- Train new staff on unit procedures and protocols; identify training needs of department; implement and provide staff development opportunities;
- Assist Director of Quality Assurance with staff employee relations and corrective action issues in partnership with Human Resources; prepare and conduct staff performance evaluations.
- Review and ensure timesheets are submitted accurately to Human Resources.
- Perform various document center functions including processing of incoming and outgoing mail, scanning and indexing of documents.
- Develop, implement, and use creative problem solving processing when dealing with system issues.
- Effectively communicate with internal team and external vendors.
- Maintain document center inventory; maintain and report on postage data allocations.
- Participate in ongoing development and implementations of enhancements to document center operation with leadership team.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Full-Time)
Compensation: $40,000 per year; Job Grade 15
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution (approximately $3,200 annually).
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- Generous health benefits including 80% coverage of your medical plan premium and deductible.
- Tuition reimbursement (after 1 year).
- Associate's degree in related field with five years’ administrative or related experience preferred, or High School Diploma with eight years’ administrative or related experience required.
- Minimum of two years’ document center experience preferred.
- Minimum of one year’s supervisory experience required.
- Department software and systems experience a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in day-to-day duties.
- Ability to work and produce in a team environment;
- Ability to carry out job responsibilities with moderate supervision.
- Solid written and verbal communication, listening, organization and priority setting skills.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while under pressure.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the UWC Mission.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS September 28, 2019
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.