Rhino Sports & Entertainment Services is a staffing division of the newly formed REVELxp. We now provide service to over 50 clients in 23 states. We provide customized levels of service across all areas of our clients' venues and provide them with the best service in the industry. We hold true to our motto of, “We will provide an unsurpassed customer service experience, to everyone, all the time.”
Assistant Operations Manager – GENERAL ACCOUNT Job Summary
The Assistant Operations Manager’s main responsibilities will be to recruit local staff, hire qualified individuals, train them based on our company standards, and manage both them and the event operations at the venue on the event day. Your focus will be to support all event logistics by coordinating all staff schedules, ensuring every event has event proper event materials (maps, cheat sheets, headsets, radios), and entering payroll using our ABI MasterMind software. With direction from the Operations Manager, you will play a leadership support role at all large-scale events and venue breakout training. You will be tasked with on-site event management leadership for Olympic Sports/Smaller events that are 50 or fewer employees.
Your position will involve night and weekend work. This position may involve some travel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to all the staff at your account. Both in the office and at events.
- Communicate regularly with your Operations Manager and Regional Operations Manager to provide regular updates on your account’s Internal & External account operations.
- Build, maintain, and nourish constructive relationships with your clients. Be able to both give and receive all types of feedback in a professional manner.
- Lead small-scale staff training to both company and client’s venue standards. New Hire Orientation, Venue Breakouts, Emergency management, Customer Service, Positive Team Environment, and Staff job duties are common topics among others that you will need to speak to.
- Create events, schedule staff, and enter payroll in your account while using our workforce management solution system, ABI MasterMind. If you led an event, you will also need to create the invoice for it.
- Ensure compliance with all company administrative policies and procedures.
- Manage your account’s event monthly recruitment, event, training, individual staff schedules, and communication for all clients and groups within your account’s book of business
This is NOT a sales job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree required. If no Bachelor’s degree, an equivalent amount of educational experience through work experience is needed (Determined by REVELxp Staffing Division Upper Management). 1-2 years of large-scale sports & event management experience, collegiate/professional football experience, or emergency management preferred.
- Must show proven leadership and effective communication experience in managing large groups of people in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead by example professionally and personally.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Speaking in front of large groups and conducting training will be required.
- Be computer literate and have working knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Be able to respond to change in a positive and productive way.
- Exhibit an emphasis on customer service and working well within a team atmosphere.
- Demonstrate organization and attention to small, yet critical, details.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Position functions under the direct supervision of the account-specific Operations Manager of REVELxp
- Position functions with some independence in the management of day-to-day duties and responsibilities. Longer hours/days are necessitated by large events and significant training sessions.
- Frequently required to work, evenings, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
- Must be able to move in a quick, energetic manner.
- Long periods of standing and constant movement around the event venue are expected on event days.
- Long periods of sitting while on the phone and the computer are common on office days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.