For 40 years, Aero Simulation, Inc. (ASI) has provided quality flight training devices to the US Military. ASI has successfully built numerous training systems with a primary focus on aircrew and maintenance training systems. Our current programs include, but are not limited to, the B-1 Training Systems (Air Force), E-2D Training Systems (Navy), CH-53E Training Devices (USMC) and IMOMS (Coast Guard). To learn more about ASI visit Aero Simulation | Products and Services for Commercial and Military Training. To learn more about this opportunity, keep reading!
Before we tell you more about the position we want to tell you why you want a career at ASI! While your work contributes to ASI’s mission ASI supports you and your family! ASI has one of the most competitive benefits packages in the industry. We offer everything from a flexible work schedule to comprehensive medical, life and voluntary coverage options.
- 9/80 Work Schedule - Have Every Other Friday Off!
- Competitive Salary!
- Sign-On Bonuses
- Paid Off Time - Increases with years of service
- Paid Holidays – Company honors 6 holidays, the day after Thanksgiving and week-long year-end shutdown
- Parental Leave, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty Leave and Military Leave and More!
- 401(k) – Company Match
- Medical Insurance – ASI pays 100% of Employee premiums plus the premiums for either spouse or family. After 10 years of service – full family medical insurance premiums are paid 100% by employer.
- Dental Insurance – ASI pays 100% of Employee
- Vision Insurance – Optional (Employee Paid)
- Long Term Disability – ASI pays 100%
- Short Term Disability
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Telework/Work from Home
- Professional Development: Multiple opportunities for personal and professional development through internal training & certification programs and unlimited access to online learning opportunities.
- In House Gym
The purpose of the Computer Systems Engineer position is to design, develop, integrate, test, and document software for the control of flight simulation systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, integrate, test, and document software for the control of flight simulation software and computer systems
- Utilize languages such as C/C++ and shell scripting in Linux or Windows based environments to develop new and/or modify existing software and applications
- Read, write, and maintain new and existing software
- Follow established company and industry processes and procedures
- Select appropriate computer equipment to meet system requirements
- Recommend, incorporate, and/or alter new and existing simulator designs and documentation
- Physically and logically debug training systems and configure computer systems to meet system requirements
- Work with project teams and engineers of varying disciplines to successfully deliver new or modified functionalities
- Assist the Systems Engineering team in the integration of software and hardware
- Communicate all ongoing activities and results to business sponsors, stakeholders, and management in a positive manner
- Provide training, mentorship and guidance to junior team members
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
MID- 3 to 7 Years
Senior - 7+ Years
- Strong computer systems background.
- Experience developing code on Linux and Windows systems
- Proficiency with C, C++, or C#
- Proficiency in a scripting environment such as Python, Bash, or Powershell
- Competency in a version control system such as Git or SVN
- Strong technical understanding with at least one area of specialization expected
- Strong analytical math skills
- Proficiency in common business software (Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook, Power Point, Excel, SharePoint)
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to design, code, and test software pertaining to flight simulation.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to adapt communication style and messaging to different audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, ensuring stakeholder expectations are managed appropriately.
- Ability to work in a project-oriented, fast paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment, or independently, as necessary, and be a self-starter who will attack designs and resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work with project teams to successfully deliver new or modified functionalities.
- Understanding of configuration management systems, hardware interfaces and large-scale software development.
- Keen attention to detail to deliver solutions that meet business requirements and are operationally supportable.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering with a Software Focus or related field
- Due to contractual requirements must be a United States Citizen
- Must be able to pass an initial background check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active Department of Defense security clearance. Employee/selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information (as required)
- Required to communicate in English
- The ability to travel to installation sites to install and troubleshoot systems.
- ASI is a Drug Free Workplace where applicants and employees are required to successfully pass pre-employment and Random drug testing.
- Candidate must be able to work in small, confined spaces (simulator cockpits)
- Typically, employees sit comfortably to do their work, interspersed by brief periods of standing, walking, bending carrying papers and books, and extensive periods requiring the use of computer terminals to accomplish work objectives.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Must be travel via car and airplane.
- Must be able to climb stairs to enter and exit a simulator.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment consisting of offices and cubicles with low to moderate noise and bright or dim lighting. The work is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as external customers.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The following policies apply to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Candidate Reasonable Accommodation
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify Aero simulation, Inc. by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling directly at 813-867-4447.
It is the policy of ASI to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its Amendments. ASI will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person's physical or mental disability. ASI also will make reasonable accommodation wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with handicaps, disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made are not an undue hardship for ASI.
Equal Employment Opportunity
ASI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic/civil partnership or marital status, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. We strive for everyone to be valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.