About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, landscape architecture, planning, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 200 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
As a key member of the Information Technology team, the IT Support Specialist will report to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and assume a technical role in assisting with the response to and/or delegation of all help desk tickets. In this role, candidates will assist with deployment of new workstations and workstation upgrades in the DC office and potentially Baltimore and Arizona as needed. The IT Support Specialist will act as a tier 1/2 helpdesk support person and perform file maintenance tasks and file archiving as directed by the CIO and/or project teams.
The functions below reflect the general work activities and accountabilities of this position and are not all inclusive. Other activities may be assigned as necessary.
- Assist staff with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktops, laptops, peripheral equipment, and software complying with given standards and guidelines
- Respond to helpdesk requests in a timely and effective manner, ensuring a positive user experience
- Escalate helpdesk requests to the appropriate staff in the IT Department as needed
- Assist with Audio Visual conference room setup
- Update and maintain computer inventory and surplus equipment
- Identify and repair hardware and network connectivity issues
- Assist in technical upgrading and maintaining of desktop systems
- Assist with File archiving and maintenance on all file servers
- 1 year Information technology experience preferred
- High School diploma required.
- Certifications/License: A+/Net+ MCP or equivalent preferred
- Proficiency in a Windows environment is essential. Experience working in A/E software is preferred.
- Familiarity with Active Directory Users and Computers is required.
- Proficiency at debugging issues with Office 365 products as well as familiarity with the Office 365 portal required.
- High standards of professionalism.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations with a distinctive culture.
- An employee-ownership mindset.
- Strong problem-solving skills, creativity, and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Ability to manage challenging issues and handle conflict appropriately.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. Must have ability to use standard office equipment, including a computer, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- Strength to lift and carry files or machines weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- Must be able to travel to/from multiple office locations on a regular basis. This position requires up to 25% travel.
- DC office will be the home office with expectation to be in office 2-3 days per week.
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.ayerssaintgross.com.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.