Through our shared values and culture of professional team service, we provide strategic programming to best engage the Aggie Network in support of The Association’s mission. We are seeking an individual to join a highly motivated team in selflessly advancing The Association of Former Students’ noble mission by supporting our Class Programs efforts.
While fostering our team culture in line with The Association’s Team Expectations as well as our team’s core values, the ideal candidate will be someone who demonstrates skill in and devotion to:
(i) Developing and cultivating trusted, long-term relationships.
(ii) Demonstrating strong attention to detail.
(iii) Exhibiting strong communication and problem-solving skills.
(iv) Managing time and applying a high level of organization to effectively manage multiple projects.
(v) Serving as a professional team member.
The Coordinator of Class Programs coordinates activities for all Classes post-graduation but less than 50 years post-graduation and serves as an advisor and liaison to the respective Class Agents. This position collaborates with Class Agents to create and disseminate Class News as appropriate and sends Class Agents their Class giving and Silver Taps reports according to defined schedules. The individual will assist in creating strategic programming to better engage young alumni as well as programming to instill greater engagement and affinity for The Association of Former Students and Texas A&M University amongst all Classes.
Serves as The Association’s point of contact for Class Agents and Class activities post-graduation but less than 50 years post-graduation:
- Provides support, advice and motivation for all Class Agents post-graduation but less than 50 years post-graduation in their effort to serve their Classmates and The Association.
- Informs Class Agents of key developments, fundraising statistics and pride factors through quarterly communications.
- Encourages Class and Class Agent participation in the Century Club and shares information about The Association’s fundraising priorities.
- Compiles and sends Class Giving reports and daily Silver Taps reports to all Class Agents as appropriate.
- Creates and disseminates electronic newsletters/communications to all Classes other than the 50th Anniversary Class and Sul Ross Group.
- Serves as the Team Lead to plan and execute all Class Reunions post-graduation but less than 50 years post-graduation.
- Collaborates with Class Agents and Association Events team to plan all formal Class Reunions, including the annual 25-year to 45-year milestone Reunions.
- Administers and executes Class Agent elections.
- Manages reservation and registration process and activities for Reunions.
- Collaborates with the Events team to manage logistics of Reunions, including transportation, hospitality rooms, schedules and meals.
- Coordinates guest room blocks for hotel contracts without event space.
- Produces nametags, rosters and other Reunion materials as appropriate.
- Provides guidance and information to Class Agents for Class business meetings.
- Collaborates with Web and Communications teams to promote Reunions online and in Association publications.
- Coordinates guest speakers and special guests for Reunions.
- Provides on-site logistical support at all Class Reunions.
- Coordinates staff volunteers for all Class Reunions as needed.
- Creates and sends electronic communications for Classes planning their own informal Reunions.
Contributes to Former Student Program events and activities:
- Provides assistance and on-site logistical support for the Sul Ross Group Reunion and Young Alumni Weekend.
- Provides on-site support for Former Student Programs meetings and events, to include but not limited to: All-Aggie Tailgates and bowl game activities, Coach’s Nights, Constituent Network activities, Young Alumni events and meetings, and Traveling Aggies Reunion.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities:
- Actively contributes toward efforts to achieve our culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Provides on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participates on internal event teams and task committees.
- Participates in Association events, including but not limited to Aggie Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association:
- Meets our Team Expectations.
- Supports The Association’s marketing, communications, and branding initiatives.
- Fosters relationships with students, former students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of Texas A&M.
- Attends external events in support of the Vice President of Communications or on behalf of The Association, as directed.
Other duties as assigned:
This description of expected duties is neither all-inclusive nor permanent. Employees may be required to take on additional duties without notice.
The Association of Former Students is a team, and each member of the team is important to the overall success of the organization. To achieve our goals and mission, each team member will:
- Display a positive, customer-focused attitude and treat all individuals with courtesy and respect.
- Manage each customer experience with the highest level of service and enthusiasm. Seek opportunities to exceed expectations and develop lasting relationships.
- Make innovative contributions by proactively challenging current practices and suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Contribute to our team environment by being a productive, supportive and reliable teammate. Take responsibility for their actions and the outcomes produced.
- Lead with a positive example and in doing so, inspire others to fulfill the expectations of our team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required: Exceptional organizational, planning and project management skills. Ability to work independently in an ever-changing and multitasking environment with numerous deadlines. Effective time management skills. Excellent public speaking skills. Ability to develop long-lasting and professional relationships. Working knowledge of standard office equipment and ability to operate a keyboard. Advanced software skills, including MS Word, Excel and Google Suite, to perform administrative duties as required in maintaining communications, databases and spreadsheets. Ability to move and carry objects up to 30 pounds. Ability to stand/move around quickly for long periods of time when needed at events. Valid driver’s license and ability to drive on business trips. Ability to work nights and weekends.
Preferred: Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign.
Commitment to working irregular and extended hours, including frequent nights and weekends. Detail-oriented, with ability to handle multiple projects and flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing situations. Outgoing personality with a positive and friendly attitude. Professional attire and behavior. Comfortable interacting with former students of all generations. Able to derive solutions to unexpected last-minute challenges. Excellent oral and written communications skills, including editing. Works well independently as well as with a high-functioning team.
Required: 3 years administrative or project management and event experience.
Preferred: 5 years administrative or project management and event experience.
Required: Bachelor’s or master’s degree from Texas A&M University.
Received: Director of Former Student Programs and Manager of Class Programs.