Job Purpose: The Information Security Officer is responsible for fulfilling the Bank’s vision for Information Security, working in collaboration with technology partners.
- Information Security: Ultimately accountable for the Bank’s cyber and information security. Develop and maintain, test, and audit a robust Cybersecurity program including the information security program, procedures, risk assessments, reporting, and security awareness/training for employees and Board of Directors. Also responsible for ongoing threat/vulnerability monitoring and analysis and report findings to the IT team and senior management with recommendations for mitigating controls. Manage the bank’s identity and access management program.
- Physical Security: Administer a physical security program that meets standards prescribed by regulation. Delivers annual reporting to the Board of Directors and periodic training of employees.
- Vendor Management: Supports the Chief Risk Officer in the overall management and administration of the Bank’s vendor management program by executing day-to-day tasks. Assists with data gathering and monitoring of the Bank’s vendor partners.
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Plan/Incident Response: Supports the Continuity Management Team to administer the Bank’s Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and related functions.
- Records Management: Develop and administer a comprehensive records management function covering the life cycle of records including creation, storage, and destruction with incorporating robust security protocols.
- Leadership, Management & Accountability (LMA): Leads, manages and holds the Information Security team accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments and demonstrating a One Team mentality. Dependably demonstrates a relentless obsession with values alignment, customer service, focus, simplicity and clarity. Maintains a strong leadership presence, motivating staff and building commitment to the Bank’s priorities and direction.
- Collaboration: Develops relationships within and across teams to collaboratively identify and implement information security solutions that maximize service, security, and efficiency. Evaluates change management initiatives for security considerations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
Expectations, Skills & Qualifications:
- A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, G.S.D. (Get Stuff Done), One Team, and Give Back
- Demonstrated commitment to defect free, timely and caring client service
- Knowledgeable of bank policies, procedures, and regulations as related to this role
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to change in a growing organization
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to read and interpret documentation such as operating and procedure manuals
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; strong technical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An independent, quick learner
- Demonstrate a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks
- Demonstrate a collaborative work style and respect for others
- Demonstrate self-motivation and present a resourceful work ethic
- Is accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to their position at the bank.
Education & Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree from College or University; 7-10 years of experience in an Information Security related position; and 3-5 years in banking; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Ability to work in tight spaces such as under desks and in network closets.
- Local travel will be required between bank locations.
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tradition Capital Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, and related disabilities; marital status; status with regard to public assistance; disability; genetic information; sexual orientation, off duty usage of lawful products; familial status; status as a patient enrolled in the marijuana registry program; membership or activity in a local commission; citizenship status; uniform servicemember status; and age; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.