Company Overview: Margaritaville and Landshark is a warm and inviting place where people from all walks of life come together to create paradise. We offer an exciting employment experience where creating and delivering fun and escapism for our guests is the goal we seek to exceed every day. We are one of the top employers due to our competitive wages, benefits packages, and the opportunity to advance your career and be part of the team. 90% of our team members say, "I Love My Job" and 92% say they are proud to work for Margaritaville and Landshark.
Benefits: Weekly Pay, Staff Member discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Fun upbeat working environment, Career Growth, 401K Matching, Paid time off, and more!
Job Overview: Responsible for excellence in guest satisfaction; serves food and/or beverages to the guests according to established standards and keeps dining area clean at all times by performing the following duties:
- Possesses full knowledge of food and beverage products served and utilizes suggestive selling techniques.
- Takes orders and delivers food and beverage in a timely manner.
- Ensures guests receive immediate, friendly, and personalized service to build their intent to return.
- Guides guests through menus, answers questions thoroughly, and provides specific item suggestions and information about the establishment.
- Maintains positive guest satisfaction by exceeding service expectations.
- Handles guest complaints or directs them to a manager.
- Operates point-of-sale system with high level of efficiency and handles large amounts of currency.
- Practices proper cash handling procedures by addressing the point-of-sale system after every transaction, properly organizing money, counting change back to guests, and following appropriate checkout procedures.
- Sets up and breaks down equipment and supplies.
- Ensures floors are clean of debris at all times.
- Maintains work areas by organizing and cleaning service stations and pre-bussing tables as needed of all used glassware/plateware/silverware/etc.
- Writes down all orders and inputs them into the point-of-sale system accurately.
- Scrapes, racks, and stacks glassware/plateware/silverware properly in dishwashing area.
- Acts as a final check on the quality of food and beverage items before they are served to guests and ensures appropriate garnishes and condiments are on plates.
- Assists management in training new Staff Members within their department when applicable.
- Completes all opening, running, and closing duties as assigned.
- Delivers and/or carries (with or without trays) food and beverage items, for own and others’ tables, with a sense of urgency; knows all table numbers and floor plans.
- When necessary, will occasionally assist host person with greeting and seating guests.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Notifies manager/supervisor of low inventory and recommends new inventory; communicates opportunities and concerns.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service established by company policy.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
- One to two years experience working as a food & beverage server in a high-volume restaurant; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Eighteen years of age or older.
- High school degree or GED preferred.
The characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to spend 100% of working time standing, walking, and reaching.
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
- Feeling or grasping objects of different size and shape.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling while walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities including climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our guests in the primary language of the restaurant, specific to location. (Primarily English)
- Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Exposed to weather conditions and prevalent temperature changes.
- Subject to moderate to high ambient noise levels.
- Frequently required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently required to wash hands and/or wear gloves.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and guests.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas or instructions by the spoken word.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.