Company Overview: Margaritaville and Landshark is a warm and inviting place where people from all walks of life come together to create paradise. We offer an exciting employment experience where creating and delivering fun and escapism for our guests is the goal we seek to exceed every day. We are one of the top employers due to our competitive wages, benefits packages, and the opportunity to advance your career and be part of the team. 90% of our team members say, "I Love My Job" and 92% say they are proud to work for Margaritaville and Landshark.
Benefits: Weekly Pay, Staff Member discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Fun upbeat working environment, Career Growth, 401K Matching, Paid time off, and more!
Job Overview: Responsible for greeting customers, checking identification (if applicable), controlling the flow of traffic, and maintaining guest areas by performing the following duties:
- Handles initial and final contact with all guests; greets guests in a positive, professional, and welcoming manner and thanks them as they leave.
- Provides information and conversation while guests are waiting and seated.
- Introduces guests to their server.
- Accommodates guests with special requests.
- Maintains positive guest satisfaction by answering questions thoroughly, handling complaints or directing them to a manager, and providing specific item suggestions and information about the establishment.
- Provides specific item suggestions and information about the establishment.
- Quotes accurate wait times, distributes paging devices (if applicable), and maintains time efficient list.
- Directs guests to proper holding/waiting area.
- Coordinates orderly movement of guests within the food service area with utilization of a table management system.
- Knows table numbers, seating floor plans, and server/busser assignments.
- Communicates effectively with all guests, co-workers and management.
- Maintains organization of host stand and keeps supplies stocked.
- Answers telephone calls and related questions.
- Maintains cleanliness around front facade of the building and guest restrooms; keeps venue clean and free of litter at all times.
- Monitors and stocks restroom supplies.
- Assists management in training new Staff Members within their department when applicable.
- Completes all opening, running, and closing duties as assigned.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Notifies manager/supervisor of low inventory and recommends new inventory; communicates opportunities and concerns.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service established by company policy.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
- One year in a guest service position preferred; previous experience in a food and beverage environment helpful; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities.
- High school degree or GED preferred,
The characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to spend 100% of working time standing, walking, and reaching.
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
- Feeling or grasping objects of different size and shape.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling while walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities including climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our guests in the primary language of the restaurant, specific to location. (Primarily English)
- Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Exposed to weather conditions and prevalent temperature changes.
- Subject to moderate to high ambient noise levels.
- Frequently required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently required to wash hands and/or wear gloves.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and guests.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas or instructions by the spoken word.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.