CREATURE COMFORTS BREWING CO.
PACKAGING SPECIALIST I
ATHENS, GA /LOCATION
Our mission is to build an industry respected craft brewery that helps people navigate the beautiful and complex world of beer.
To Foster Human Connection.
Crave Curiosity - A curious mind leads to a better living
Moderation Matters - In life as in beer, being balanced is best
Be For People - Be inclusive. Advocate for equity. Extend Respect.
Extend Kindness - Start with trust. No gossip. Give grace.
Make It Better - Whether job or community, make it better. The best idea wins
Leave A Legacy - Set up your successors for success
The Packaging Specialists supports CCBC in helping people navigate the beautiful & complex world of beer by executing at a high level of quality and contributing to a culture of safety as part of the Packaging Team.
PACKAGING SPECIALIST I
ACTIVITIES & OUTCOMES
1. Team Collaboration:
- The Packaging Specialist will work in collaboration with the Packaging Team on day-to-day activities, operations, & problem-solving.
2. Contributor to Culture:
- Culture of Safety: The Packaging Specialist must be competent in CCBC’s Safety Policies & must advocate a culture of safety by following safety policies and encouraging peers to remain complaint with CCBC safety policies.
- Solutions-Oriented Positivity: Maintains & promotes a positive outlook for the rest of the Packaging Team.
- Culture of Self-Development & Leadership: The Packaging Specialist participates in and completes leadership development training assigned to the Packaging Team. They must build and maintain proficiencies in using the CCBC’s leadership program tools, concepts, & vocabulary.
3. Skills & Competency Development:
- Learn, understand, and maintain quality packaging initiatives.
- Learn and maintain competency in safety policies, procedures, & regulations.
- Explore, connect, & learn about the Craft Beer Industry.
- Attend and learn about quality in craft beer through sensory class.
- Obtain forklift certification with support from CCBC.
- Develop technical aptitude on CCBC equipment.
4. Perform with Excellence:
- The Packaging Specialist must perform at a level of excellence with a focus on quality & efficiency.
- The Packaging Specialist must maintain finished goods & store finished goods neatly & safely in the cooler.
- The Packaging Specialist must establish and maintain a basic understanding of timely communication tools such as e-mail.
5. Time & Task Management:
- The Packaging Specialist must remain flexible during production changes, whether the changes are foreseen or made with short notice.
- The Packaging Specialist must report to their shift on time and follow company clock-punch policies & procedures.
- Technical Aptitude- basic ability to learn quickly on specialized equipment & technical processes.
- Solutions-Oriented Positivity- maintains & promotes a positive outlook while seeking out the best solutions.
- Teamwork - Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Resilient & Adaptable: The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully manage organizational change.
- Active listening: The ability to diagnose what's being said without speaking. Providing feedback and truly understanding what is being discussed.
WE WELCOME ALL CREATURES
At Creature Comforts Brewing Co, we work hard to create a culture that activates our values. One of the ways we do this is through our commitment to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make employment decisions by removing bias or prejudice against any employee or applicant’s race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Once you join our family, we ensure that each person feels safe and included through our value of Extending Kindness. As a commitment to our value of Extending Kindness, Creature Comforts prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Come just as you are…crave curiosity & pursue your passions with us!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- High school diploma
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and maintain attention to detail while managing time to meet production goals
PHYSICAL LABOR REQUIREMENTS
Lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder high
Climb stairs, ramps, and ladders
Work on feet for an entire shift