The Worship Director will report to the Campus Pastor and be responsible for leading the congregation of the Campus in the DNA, standards and vision of Rock Church Worship. The Worship Director will develop, lead, and manage the worship team at the Campus. The Campus Worship Director will assist in the recruitment and training of qualified musicians, singers, and leaders for the weekend services and special events. The Campus Worship Director will help in preparing tracks, music and anything needed to execute Sundays.
Request for Work Samples:
***To complete the application process, interested candidates must submit two videos demonstrating their ability to lead church Worship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads congregation in worship for all services on Sundays scheduled.
- Will lead worship at the Campus 2-3 times a month.
- Works with production and tech teams to ensure excellent service flow and execution.
- Provides direction to multiple worship teams, including musicians and singers.
- Coordinates with Global Worship Pastor on continuity of music with message content and the culture and standards of Rock Church Worship.
- Oversees the administrative duties of team member scheduling, planning, Set list building, and Sunday service preparation.
- Schedules and leads rehearsals for musicians and singers. Leads additional rehearsals for events as needed.
- Has the ability to prepare musical tracks for Sunday services.
- Creates a worship culture that encourages opportunities for youth to get involved and participate in worship, while remaining young-minded.
- Coordinates music for the production of Campus special events.
- Recruits and equips individuals for leadership in worship including non-musical roles.
- Recruits and equips those gifted and called to serve through the ministry of music, production, sound, and creative arts to encourage participation from the church body.
- Supports Campus Pastor with music ministry guidance where other ministries may need development and growth.
- Interfaces with Global Worship Team weekly regarding volunteer recruitment, worship ministry development and other related topics.
- Participates in creative process with central team as needed and initiates a creative team for the campus.
- Is available to serve campus pastor in other duties as may be needed.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Campus Pastor.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred, but not required.
- 2-4 years experience leading worship.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and provide excellent customer service.
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for MAC (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be visionary, progressive, and creative in providing leadership, to be certain that the worship meets the vision of the Rock Church.
- Able and willing to shepherd and pastor the volunteers and contractors involved on Sunday.
- Has a strong knowledge of a wide variety of music and worship styles.
- Must be creative, detail oriented, flexible, and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities and motivate volunteers and staff.
- Ability to analyze and resolve specific problems in relation to music, sound, and video.
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems and apply timely and appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions based on the vision and values of the Rock Church and the Point Loma Campus.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive manner with external clientele, including applicants, volunteers, vendors, visitors and guests, using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility, respect and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; responds promptly to requests for service and works well in groups problem-solving situations; strong team player who meets commitments.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely, and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software. Windows based software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to be firm but gracious in dealing with staff and ministry leaders.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment while maintaining solid productivity and quality of work.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with timelines and short deadlines.
- Must be able to recognize and maintain confidentiality.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements:
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Member of the Rock Church (or willing to transfer membership to the Rock Church).
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor. External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.
Employment at the Rock Church and Academy is “At-Will,” meaning either the Rock or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at anytime, for any reason, with or without advance notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.