Fuku is getting ready to launch a delivery/pick-up hub in the Lower East Side! This is a great opportunity for experienced shift managers, kitchen managers, and restaurant supervisors to join in on the action. We are looking for supervisors that can lead a shift of exceptional fry masters and sandwich samurais that can uphold Fuku's culinary operational excellence. We will be open in the afternoon and operate until midnight (or later) so this is perfect for anyone who enjoys the later hours, looking for a night time job, or just wants to have fun working with fried chicken.
Our team consists of smart, hungry, diverse people who embrace the grind it takes to be the best. We invest in our community so that each visit is a memorable one and are constantly learning, questioning, and pushing to be our best.
In addition to a fun, upbeat, and flexible work environment, Fuku offers:
- Competitive pay + opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing QSR concept
- Get paid after your shift with our partner Clair
- Gift cards to Nike, Sephora, Walmart, Amazon, and more
- 401(k) with company match
- Employer-paid health benefits & Life Insurance*
- Paid time off – because work/life balance is important!
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave*
- Gym discounts + reimbursement** (Fuku HQ only)
- Fried chicken courtesy of Fuku
- Employee dining discounts
- *Full-time TMs **Fuku HQ TMs
Job Summary: The Supervisor is responsible for supporting the General Manager in the restaurant. Responsibilities include shift supervision, training, and leading staff to ensure all guests receive excellent service every time they order at Fuku.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mastery of all administrative duties and Back of House (BOH) stations
- Monitors BOH stations to ensure proper execution of station according to Fuku procedure; offers guidance and constructive feedback when necessary
- Ensures proper portioning of all food items; guarantees the usage of recipes and build sheets
- Facilitates Team Member training
- Controls flow of service and supervises restaurant with or without additional operational support
- Assists operations team in managing labor and food cost through managing waste and proper portioning
- Comprehensive understanding of the Point of Sales (POS) system and Kitchen Display Screens (KDS)
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of menu items, ingredients, and allergens
- Guarantees an accurate accounting of all sales transactions, including credit card payments, cash payments and online orders
- Resolution of guest issues; ensures guest recovery
- Conducts daily line checks and station-specific checklists; submits end of shift logs
- Executes sanitation and food safety standards and ensures DOH compliance
- Ensures proper storage of all food items, labels all stored items, and guarantees proper product rotation using first-in/first out procedures (FIFO)
- Monitors all facility machinery and equipment; reports maintenance issues to management as needed
- Responsible for communicating openly and thoroughly with management and for bringing any concerns to management’s attention immediately
- Manages and audits third-party platforms to ensure order accuracy and timeliness of deliveries
- Provide assistance to Team Members during rush periods
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently occasionally lifting 25 – 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, squatting, and moving intermittently during working hours. Additionally, other demands include the ability to work in a kitchen around hot and cold elements. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Fuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Fuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Fuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), transgender status or gender dysphoria, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, unemployment status, familial status as that term is described under the New York State Human Rights Law, caregiver or partnership status as those terms are defined under the New York City Human Rights Law (if you are employed in New York City) or other protected status.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school graduate or equivalent desired, culinary school or equivalent experience desired
- Must be able to communicate and understand the language(s) of the work location
- Must be able to read and execute recipes
- NYC Food Handlers Certificate (a plus)
- Ability to anticipate service needs based on environmental cues
- Commitment to quality service and food + beverage knowledge
- Open availability is a must! This role is required to work a variety of shifts (AM, PM, weekends)
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and procedures, safety and sanitation regulations, and knowledge of food and food production
- NYC Food Handlers certification - required
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience in a food service or QSR/ fast-casual establishment
- Must provide proof of receipt of vaccination by date of hire*
*Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this requirement or need a reasonable accommodation.