About the Organization:
The Arc Prince George’s County serves more than 500 individuals with disabilities through a variety of programs, services and supports. Our primary areas of support are community living, family and personal supports, employment services, and day programs - all with an emphasis on person-centered community involvement and inclusion. To learn more about us and to review the complete job description, please visit www.thearcofpgc.org.
The Arc is seeking a full-time Controller. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller will play a critical role in accurate and timely reporting for The Arc Prince George’s County (ARC). The Controller will contribute to the growth of the Arc through maximizing DDA billing and related procedures. The Controller will implement and follow the Arc’s financial policies and direction while also being an active participant in the organization’s overall strategy. The Controller will be an integral part of the DDA billing, financial administration, accounting, and budgeting activities; this position has direct reports.
Here’s a Snapshot of What You’ll Be Doing Day-to-Day:
- Guide the revenue cycle team in all respects, but particularly in DDA billing. Develop more efficient procedures and work toward more profitable billing procedures. Develop and maintain written policies and procedures for the billing process
- Active participant in the long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with The Arc’s strategic plan
- Work with managers and directors to assist them in reading and understanding the monthly financial statements. Suggest alternative strategies where appropriate with the CFO and directors
- Support the Revenue Team to manage the day-to-day accounting functions of the organization - Ensure that finance staff maintains financial record systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Active participant in the preparation and filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns
- Work with the CFO on the preparation and filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns
- Active role in the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state, and other required supplementary schedules and information
The Arc offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, to include medical, dental and vision plans. A 403(b) retirement plan w/ employer match, paid holidays, generous paid time-off, company paid life insurance, and much more! The salary range for this position is $130K-$135K DOE.
You are the Ideal Candidate If You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field required; CPA/CMA and MBA would be a plus
- Experience with DDA, Medicaid funding and housing related funds required
- Minimum of four years of broad professional financial experience (managing accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting), ideally beginning in audit, followed by experience gathering and evaluating financial information
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality. Needs to be a team player who is committed to lifelong learning
- Hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Ability to work autonomously, in ambiguous situations with little direction, running toward problems without being asked; solutions oriented