Ride Maintenance Technician
Farmington, UT • Maintenance
Under general supervision, the Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the erection, repair, refurbishment, modification and/or construction of amusement rides and devices, equipment and facilities, and performs related duties as required in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures. By conducting systems and components inspections and tests and analyzing performance variations isolating defective components and systems, repairing equipment failures and mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions, completing preventive maintenance, conducting test rides, adjusting controls and systems, the Maintenance Mechanic maintains the amusement rides and devices and other equipment as directed.
- The Maintenance Mechanic will be working around high noise levels resulting from the rides and power equipment required to do the job. The Maintenance Mechanic must be able to remain focused on the job while dealing with interruptions from guest contact.
- The Maintenance Mechanic will be assigned to specific trades and must be able to operate equipment and make repairs on the park following the company’s policies and procedures.
- During training periods, the Maintenance Mechanic must be able to read any information provided in the maintenance and construction manual, the Seasonal Employee Handbook, the Lagoon Policies and Procedures Manual, purchased equipment manuals and drawings, as well as to comprehend verbal instructions from trainers.
- The Maintenance Mechanic prevents ride, device, or equipment problems by completing preventive maintenance such as tune ups, lubrication and oil changes, system checks, fluid level checks, and replacement of filters and worn parts.
- The Maintenance Mechanic diagnoses problems by listening to ride operator description of symptoms, reading repair work orders, clarifying problems, conducting system component tests, comparing diagnostic readouts to benchmark standards, analyzing performance variations, isolating defective components and systems, operating electronic diagnostic equipment, examining on-board computers, test operation of equipment.
- The Maintenance Mechanic will repair equipment problems by repairing engine or component failures, mechanical and electrical malfunctions, replacing parts and components, using hand and power tools, welding torches, jacks, hoists, etc. Ride or device serviceability will be verified using test rides, adjusting controls and systems, etc.
- The Maintenance Mechanic must be willing to conform to Lagoon’s grooming and personal hygiene requirements and wear the proper issued uniform. A neat, clean, professional appearance is required at all times.
- The Maintenance Mechanic must be willing and able to perform all other job duties and assignments as assigned by management.
- Must have a current Driver’s License.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.