About the Role
We are looking for an experienced full stack software engineer to join our team to contribute to our mission of empowering special districts. At Streamline, you’ll be responsible for delivering high-value products and end-user experiences while improving yourself and those around you each day. The ideal candidate will be a craftsperson that takes significant pride in both the process and outcome of their work and wants to be a strong contributor to our engineering culture and work environment.
What You’ll Do
- Write elegant, well-tested, and performant code in a modern technology stack
- Work closely with our team to make architecture and high-level design decisions
- Help monitor and implement improvements to our infrastructure
- Keep technical debt to a minimum and continually improve our existing codebase
- Work closely with a cross-functional team (marketing, sales, and customer support) to craft elegant solutions for challenging technical problems
- Participate in stand ups and code reviews
Special Districts are a little-known but essential part of public infrastructure and democracy. More than 38,000 fire districts, park and rec districts, community service districts, etc. span the country. Yet 40% of them don’t have a website—despite being supported by public fees and taxes. Streamline exists to serve and empower them with SaaS tools, thought leadership, and compliance with new laws and digital requirements. We love our districts, and with less than 1% customer churn over 5 years, the love is mutual.
Streamline has grown rapidly, nearly doubling year over year. We’ve optimized every part of our onboarding, support, and billing processes, and we’re ready to scale nationally. Our team is equal parts talented and fun-loving, and we’re excited to welcome new rockstars into the mix.
Working at Streamline
Streamline is a very special place to work. Each and every employee receives a competitive salary and compensation package, the very best healthcare benefits available, and a place that supports them and their loved ones.
Generous salaries and compensation packages
- 401(k) plans with 4% salary matching and complementary financial planning
- A stock incentive program including access to founder-class stock
- Standard expense accounts and reimbursement for work-related items
The very best healthcare benefits available
- A choice of numerous comprehensive Platinum and Gold healthcare packages for you and your family including Blue Cross, Western Health Advantage, and Kaiser. Streamline provides full coverage of health premiums up to $1,000/month.
- A flexible spending account, with funds deposited by Streamline, up to $200/month matching per employee. This provides our employees and their family with an added layer of safety and security when it comes to rising healthcare costs as well as money they can invest in alternative treatments, chiropractic, therapy, and more.
- Top vision, dental, and life insurance plans fully paid for by Streamline.
A place that supports you and your loved ones
- Family-friendly hours and flexible scheduling
- Unlimited paid vacation per year
- Executive training and coaching programs to help you grow personally and professionally, led by nationally-recognized coaches and facilitators
- Free, unlimited food while at work
- A caring culture that supports the passions and hobbies of its team members
- A commitment to diversity, community, kindness, and service
We invest heavily in our work culture and people. We’ve been recognized by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work” for many years, and it shows: our clients and customers love working with us. We honor each other’s strengths and contributions and we learn new stuff all the time. We tick all the boxes: great pay, full benefits, 401k, unlimited paid time off, free on-site food. (Which is all great, but at the end of the day what makes this a great place to work is that we are all mission-driven, working toward making the world a better place.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 4+ years work experience writing well-tested and scalable Ruby on Rails apps
- Strong experience with AWS / cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience with automated testing tools and techniques
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases
Nice to haves
- Experience building RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with performance analysis and tuning of web applications
- Proficiency with continuous integration / continuous deployment and basic DevOps processes
- Adept at performing and participating in code review with constructive candor and a passion for improvement