“When your car doesn’t work, your life doesn’t work!” That’s our motto here at Pull-A-Part, and it’s the challenge that we help our customers overcome every day! We’re currently looking for happy, goal-oriented individuals, who love to assist people in solving their automotive issues, to join our team. If you are looking to grow with a customer-focused company, then our Commercial Car Buyer opportunity could be your next best career move.
For this career opportunity, you will report to our Pull-A-Part store location.
- Responsible for buying whole cars to be sent to assigned stores based on quality (retail value) and freight/towing costs
- Responsible for working closely with Store Managers and Assistant Managers on local buy, auctions, peddler/public pricing, any scrap pricing, and general market knowledge
- Serve as an adviser to stores
- Provide regular updates on the car market to Store Managers weekly and daily conversations
- Work closely with the Marketing Specialist to develop advertising concepts and actions related to both regional car buy as well as parts sales
- Work with Store Managers and Assistant Managers on relationships at auctions and with tow companies
- Find ways to source cars with lower fees in the region
- Cultivate new sourcing relationships with charities, tow companies and auctions
- Responsible for monthly projections related to car buy at all stores in the region
- Responsible for assuring proper licenses are in place at stores and with tow companies
- Make sure we are conforming to all federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Work experience in sales or marketing a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel within the assigned market, and to other markets periodically as needed
Benefits for Full-Time Team Members:
- Medical Insurance - We offer low-cost medical insurance to our team members and low-cost medical insurance to their additional household members.
- Dental Insurance - We offer low-cost dental insurance to our team members and their additional household members.
- Vision Insurance - We offer low-cost vision insurance to our team members and low-cost vision insurance to their additional household members.
- Life Insurance - We offer FREE life insurance to our team members.
- 401(k) - Plan for your retirement by participating in our optional, 401K plan. Receive a 100% company match on the first 3% of your contributions and receive a 50% company match on the next 2% of your contributions.
- Paid Holidays & Vacation - We observe 9 paid holidays, and we provide each full-time team member with paid vacation time which is determined by length of service.
- On-The-Job Training – A successful team member is a confident team member. We are dedicated to educating our team and providing consistent training and development opportunities.
- Employee Referral Program – We offer a bonus of $500 to our team members who have successfully referred another team member. Ask for more information on our Employee Referral Program to confirm all qualifications that must be met.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - We offer free confidential employee assistance counseling by video, telephone & face-to-face sessions, or text with a therapist. This covers mental health, financial wellness, health, and lifestyle assessments and much more.
About Pull-A-Part: Pull-A-Part, with headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, is an award-winning family business serving the do-it-yourself, used auto parts market. By developing a unique operating system based on customer service and environmental responsibility, Pull-A-Part has transformed what was once thought of as the junkyard into a sustainable recycling business. Founded in 1997, Pull-A-Part operates a network of 36 used auto parts superstores nationwide – 11 of which are recently acquired U Pull & Pay store locations. The company has been acclaimed for outstanding corporate citizenship by federal, state, and local organizations. The company has made an exceptional commitment to resource conservation, waste reduction and pollution prevention. This orientation allows Pull-A-Part to provide affordable used auto parts to do-it-yourself consumers, while providing high quality scrap metal, fluids, and plastics for recycling. Recycling diverts these materials from the waste stream and helps protect the air, water, and soil from pollution. Learn more at: https://about.pullapart.com
OUR CORE VALUES: To be a good neighbor and steward to the communities that we serve, we are building a team with a strong foundation based on our four core values. The ideal candidate will understand the importance of (and possess) the following characteristics:
- Respect - Our team has developed a culture where every team member and customer counts! We take time each and every day to show our customers and teammates that we care about their success.
- Help - Our team members enjoy helping customers solve their automotive needs; help their store achieve daily, weekly, and monthly goals; and help their teammates accomplish their personal work & growth goals!
- Learn - We continuously train our team members to help them feel more confident in their role--we encourage our team members to ask questions to ensure they have the knowledge and resources available to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Grow - We are an all-inclusive business that supports the growth and development of our team members--we provide opportunities to learn new skills and advance your career.