The Technical Writer is responsible for extracting and developing technical content from subject matter experts (SMEs) across all areas of Navvis Healthcare. This role requires the ability to understand and effectively translate functional and business requirements into internal and client facing end-user documentation. The job requires astute record keeping and ability to ensure the change control of documentation is secure.
Overall responsibilities include; streamlining the evaluation process, swiftly recognizing the needs of Navvis Healthcare, scoping the service need, specifying the design and service needs, recognizing complex features and other vital elements within a given project or objective. This role is responsible to effectively communicate across teams to ensure successful project completion of documenting the Operating Model and subsequent Solutions led projects.
What success looks like in this role
• Creates, updates and maintains company policies and related documentation, including work instructions and process flows.
• Analyze existing and potential content; providing ideas on how to improve internal communications, focusing on streamlining formatting, storage, retrieval processes, and documentation presentation.
• Maintain, edit, and update existing product documentation with attention to detail, consistency, and clarity.
• Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and appropriate for the intended targeted audience including the writers ability to pursue, create, or facilitate relevant information.
• Maintain security, integrity, and holder of a master document containing; policies, procedures, and vital documented processes of the company operational policies and product policies.
• Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for the intended target audience(s). This includes the writer’s ability to pursue, create, or facilitate relevant information.
• Provide deadlines and facilitate reasonable solutions within teams to get the job done timely and in a quality manner.
• Develop, initiate, and manage final documentation review processes with a governing council and serve as the information architecture for final deliverables.
• Analyze existing and potential content; providing ideas on how to improve internal communications, as well as focusing on streamlining, including how we format, store, retrieve and present documentation.
• Develop and manage a perpetual updating and publishing schedule mirroring a Quality Assurance Process ensuring all documented materials are current and up to date.
• Maintain, edit, and update existing product documentation with a close attention to detail, consistency, and clarity
• Work with support teams to proactively address client support challenges through creation and revision of end-user documentation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
A day in the life of the Solutions Policy & Procedure Writer
• Interviews subject matter experts to gather information and documentation requirements for final deliverable.
• Possess comprehensive skills to identify required documentation needs contrasted with restrictions or barriers. This person will be able to identify and communicate with other Navvis stakeholders’ barriers to success and achieving goals and interpret these barriers inserting written corporate guidelines removing undesirable material and potentiating the constructs of the current project.
• Provide deadlines and facilitate reasonable solutions with target dates of job completion resulting in high-quality work completed timely.
• Develop, initiate, and manage final documentation review processes collaborating with the governing council serving as the information architect for the final deliverable.
• Develop and manage perpetual updating and publishing schedule that mirrors a Quality Assurance Process to ensure documentation is current.
• Work with interdepartmental support teams proactively identifying client support challenges extrapolating valuable feedback from end-user documentation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
We are excited about you if you possess these skills
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3 years as a Technical Writer, or in a similar technical role
• Proven ability to create and manage workplans
• A history of coordinating efforts within an organization focused on; reading, editorial work, writing, and finalizing documentation that is vital to the corporation. This applicant will be able to show a history of work that demonstrates the existing ability to standardize content using company approved language pulling together different ideas from various writers to ensure congruency across the organization.
• The applicant must be able to demonstrate a previous key role that required follow up with team members, solicitation of feedback, and incorporate a comprehensive solution on time.
• Provide example(s) of a quality design of a document the applicant has created in the past that demonstrates; a strong final assembly of details, organization, and easy to read material.
• Self-starter, with a proven track record for creativity and initiative, with first-rate written and verbal communication skills with an extraordinary attention to detail
• Proven ability to prioritize multiple projects and work streams in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to effectively engage and work with teams within an organization committed to client success