The preschool support teacher strives daily to nurture children and building strong relationships with families. The afternoon preschool support teacher works diligently to model classic moral training for young preschool children, consistently giving them the spiritual, educational, social and emotional tools needed to grow. The incumbent participates in assisting and implementing the age appropriate curriculum that agrees with the school philosophy under the direct supervision of the director and then to the teachers in an enriching environment. The preschool support teacher operates in accordance with Rock Church & Academy policies, procedures and state licensing standards to provide and educational, nurturing, and safe environment for children.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience:
- Must have the following:
- A minimum of 12 completed unit requirements: 3 units in each of the following: Child Development; Child, Family, and Community; Curriculum; Infant & Toddler.
- Current Pediatric CPR and First Aid certification.
Licensing & Rock Academy Personnel Requirements:
- All required state Department of Social Services Community Care licensing forms must be filled out and returned. These forms include:
- Health Screening report Personnel Record Proof of negative TB skin test
- Form 1-9 Official College Transcripts Criminal Background Clearance
- Employee Rights Criminal Record Statement Immunizations
- Copy of Social Security card Copy of Driver’s License
- Comply with, and implement Title 22 state licensing regulations.
- Comply, and implement Title 22 state licensing regulations.
- Constant supervision of children at all times.
- Compliance with Title 22 teacher/child ratios at all times.
- Ensuring the health and safety of the children at all times.
- Respect and follow guidelines and leadership of administration.
- Responsible for being in attendance on the designated and assigned days and hours.
- Responsible for respecting each child as an individual, making them feel important, and assessing their needs.
- Responsible for assuming an equal share of joint housekeeping responsibilities as outlined for personnel for both inside the building and the playground.
- Responsible for communicating with personnel and working as a team to ensure the high quality of care given at the school.
- Responsible for being submissive to authority.
- Responsible for demonstrating professional attitudes and demeanor.
- Responsible for maintaining professional attitudes, confidentiality, and loyalty to the Rock Academy EE Center.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- Responsible for assisting in making daily health observations of the children and reporting conditions needing attention.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of the children through constant supervision, effective arrangement of space, and proper set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Responsible for assisting children with bathroom needs and guiding them towards proper manners.
- Responsible for assisting children with proper hygiene in regards to toileting, handwashing, sneezing, coughing, wiping faces, and eating.
- Responsible for filling out "Accident" reports whenever administering first aid to a child.
- Responsible for understanding the school's disaster procedures and directing children whenever needed.
- Responsible for being informed and instructed on any medical alert situations with children in regards to children's food or medication allergies and making sure precautions are taken.
- Responsible for ensuring surfaces are sanitized before and after eating.
- Responsible for ensuring that the classroom and playground arrangement prevents accidents and that all equipment is in good repair.
- Responsible for constant supervision of the children on the playground to ensure their safety and prevention of accidents.
- Responsible for assisting children abide by the school's playground rules.
- Responsible for reporting any repairs or maintenance that needs to be done on the equipment or environment.
SUPPORT TEACHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for filling in as an afternoon teacher substitute, if qualified, whenever needed and implementing the afternoon schedule and activities planned by the teacher.
- Responsible for being available to support the teachers during the afternoon with different tasks such as bathroom needs, toileting, preparing snacks, playground supervision, assisting with activities, naptime, and afternoon activities during the day.
- Responsible for assisting the teachers in implementing the curriculum when asked.
- Responsible for assisting the teachers prepare materials and supplies to implement the program and activities.
- Responsible for assisting the teacher in cleaning art supplies and putting them away at the end of use.
- Responsible for assisting in putting any equipment or supplies away.
- Responsible for assisting in keeping the classrooms clean.
- Responsible for supervising the children when the teacher is out of the room or on a break.
- Responsible for assisting in the maintaining and keeping the kitchen storage areas, supplies, and equipment clean, sanitized, safe and sterile.
- Responsible for assisting with the washing and storing of utensils and dishes that are used, along with daily laundry that needs to be washed.