High School Science Teacher
Rock Academy High School Science Teacher
Position: High School Science Teacher, ability to teach Physics, Chemistry, Biology Status: Long-term, Full-time
Reports to 7-12 Principal
Rock Academy teachers educate and equip students to give them the academic, spiritual, social, and emotional tools needed to become Christian leaders. Teachers reflect the mission and vision of Rock Academy. High School teachers instruct students using UC-approved and Advanced Placement course descriptions.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Effective communication and partnership with parents and Administration
- Lead strong supervision and classroom management that fosters relationships.
- Develop a culture that fosters healthy relationships and appropriate behavior.
- Engage, encourage, and monitor student personal spiritual growth and maturity.
- Provide ongoing, frequent and constructive feedback; Maintain accurate records.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives.
- Effectively create and teach a daily lesson plan with age-appropriate activities.
- Update weekly grades, lesson plans, and other communication.
- Lesson plans expertly prepared with vision for student learning outcomes.
- Keep classrooms and physical environment clean, safe and presentable.
- Complete any additional work needed beyond the outlined daily schedule.
- Follow the academic calendar, including professional development days.
- Attend all meetings required of the academy staff.
- Regular involvement in Rock Academy community activities.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Equipped to serve diverse cultural, economic, and learning ability.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Participate in extracurricular and community activities.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and thrive in a fast-moving environment
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, use good judgment, and flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Education products, and others
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience
- BA degree required | MA/Credential preferred.
- Three years’ experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employees.
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Be committed to obeying Christ their redeemer.
- Have a regular and active devotional life.
- Practice fruits of the Spirit
- Model biblical principles in and out of the work setting
$46,920 - $65,159 annually (DOE)