United Way of Dane County fights for the education, financial stability, and health of everyone in Dane County. We are committed to the vision of a Dane County where everyone can succeed in school, work and life. We seek a motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter with an interest in non-profit volunteer engagement who can fill an integral role in our Community Engagement and Marketing department. This is an unpaid position. We are located at 2059 Atwood Avenue on the near east side of Madison on the bus line.
• Contact local businesses to solicit for in-kind donations, assist with thank you processes as well as various event and engagement involvement.
• Provide support for volunteer engagements and events as needed, including materials assembly, inventory, and other logistical support.
• Contact business partners to promote engagement opportunities and perform follow up and surveying activities as needed.
• Develop content for electronic, departmental and event communications.
• Assist in the production of large-scale materials and mailing projects.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
This internship has a time commitment of approximately 20 hours per week for 10 weeks during regular business hours. A specific schedule and start date will be confirmed upon selection.
• Hands-on training and close collaboration with a leading non-profit in a positive work environment.
• Opportunity to learn business skills, make contacts in the community and acquire valuable professional experience.
• The chance to further develop talents and proficiency.
• A progressive management style that allows interns to take on a great deal of responsibility and provides a supportive, stimulating work experience.
• Inclusion in CCE team meetings, and everyday workplace fun.
• Reference letter will be provided upon request and successful completion of internship.