Operations & Marketing Intern
NJI is a wildly creative and strategically disciplined agency with offices in London, Washington, D.C., and Singapore. We work seamlessly across teams and time zones to align and deliver for our clients.
We’re seeking candidates for a non-traditional, paid internship to work within our Operations & Marketing team. This will be a hybrid role supporting in-person events and activities as well as assisting in managing marketing and social media content planning and analytics. Our ideal candidate wants to learn more about digital strategy and the general ins and outs of working in a client services agency. This person should already have some technical knowledge, social media platform knowledge, excellent research and writing skills, and the ability to think creatively in a team environment.
This position will be responsible for assisting in activities to excite our current clients and attract potential clients and employees to NJI. The selected candidate will play an active role in developing digital marketing activities that are consistent with overall communications plans, build engagement across a number of platforms, and purposefully reach targeted audiences with smart, creative content of all forms. They will also assist with the planning and execution of company lunches and events, and client meetings that surprise and delight. Candidates with strong attention to detail, who are satisfied by a perfectly set conference room or a beautifully organized social media schedule will thrive in this role.
The internship will provide a unique opportunity to work on behalf of globally-recognized brands, alongside a team of creative and supportive professionals, and within a growing agency environment.
- Top-notch research skills
- A desire to flex creative muscles and develop outside-the-box ideas
- Produce thoughtful metrics reports with both analysis and recommendations
- Assist in the administration of social media content
- Support management of social media campaigns, considering current and planned promotional activities
- Monitor social channels and respond to feedback, questions, and concerns
- Provide administrative support to management when required
- Assist with various office organizational tasks
- Perform daily receptionist duties such as receiving packages and greeting visitors and employees
- Participate in hosting events from planning, ordering supplies, and setting up meetings and activities
- Managing and tracking award opportunities and deadlines
- Mastery of the English language (written and spoken).
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, ideally with a willingness to commute to our Old Town Alexandria headquarters at least three days per week.
- A sense of humor and a love of tacos, pandas, and the occasional dog.
- Familiarity with public policy and ability to “get smart” quickly on various issues.
- Experience with project management programs like ClickUp and Asana.
We think of cover letters more in the old-fashioned pen pal sense. So, keep the job summary and skills list in your resume, and write something that personally expresses who you are and what draws you to NJI and this role.
Authenticity is the foundation of boundless creativity. Rooted in diverse life experience, our team challenges the status quo through our work and culture every day. We are committed to sustaining and improving NJI's inclusive workplace by actively expanding the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please contact email@example.com.