WHO WE ARE
Based in Plain City, Ohio, Select Sires Inc. is the largest global A.I. cooperative and comprises six farmer-owned and -controlled local organizations in the United States. As the industry leader, it provides highly fertile semen and excellence in service and programs to supply dairy and beef producers with the world's best genetics.
Select Sires, Inc. seeks individuals to join our team as a Shipping Technician. This hourly, non-exempt position is at our Plain City, OH facility and reports to the Manager Global Product Distribution.
Specific duties and responsibilities of a Shipping Technician include, but are not limited to,
- Serve as a positive representation of the Select Sires, Inc. Mission: To enhance the productivity and profitability of dairy and beef producers, Select Sires is committed to be the premier provider of highly fertile, superior genetics accompanied by effective reproductive- and herd-management products and services.
- From distribution requests – accurately package bovine semen orders in designated shipping containers.
- Process shipping paperwork
- Update inventory using proprietary software.
- Move product to appropriate storage location.
- Maintain liquid nitrogen levels in storage tanks and shipping containers.
- Move large inventory tanks.
- Assemble goblets and prepare canes with identification tags.
- Detect and report defective material or questionable conditions to the shipping supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in clean, orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed protocols and safety regulations.
A Shipping Technician's work schedule is Monday through Friday, 6:30 AM – 3:00 PM. Work schedules and duties are subject to change to meet departmental needs.
COMMITMENT TO EMPLOYEE GROWTH AND SUCCESS
Select Sires is a team-oriented atmosphere, encouraging employees to take greater responsibility for their careers to grow personally and professionally.
- Select Sires offers employees competitive compensation packages that include flexible benefits,
- Professional development through mentoring and internal and external training,
- Advancement opportunities through career planning,
- A culture instilled by a commitment to excellence, a passion for customer success, and high ethical standards,
- A focus that includes work/life balance,
- Community-oriented mindset as a major contributor to local organizations and events
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES OF A SHIPPING TECHNICIAN:
- Great verbal and written English communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Capability to prioritize tasks.
- Capacity to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Reliable means of transportation to report to work on-time.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE OF A SHIPPING TECHNICIAN:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF A SHIPPING TECHNICIAN:
- Ability to constantly stand/walk (6 – 8 hours)
- Ability to frequently bend/stoop (3 – 6 hours)
- Ability to occasionally squat/kneel (1 – 3 hours)
- Ability to seldomly (0 – 1 hours) sit, climb stairs, twist, floor lift (0-17") 51 lbs. – 100 lbs., knee lift (18" -29") 21 lbs. – 50 lbs., waist lift (30" -36") 21 lbs. – 50 lbs., push/pull 100lbs +, carry 21 lbs. – 50 lbs.
The job description is not intended to cover or describe all tasks, duties, and responsibilities the employee may be required to be asked to perform. Select Sires retains the right to change or add new tasks, duties, and responsibilities to the employee at any time, with or without notice.
Evidence of work authorization upon employment is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Completion of USCIS form I-9 will be required to verify employment eligibility within three business days of the first day of employment.
Select Sires, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Select Sires, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Select Sires, Inc. expressly prohibits workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Select Sires, Inc.'s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including termination.
Learn more and apply