The Data Analyst I is responsible for supporting operational efficiency and improvement by gathering, validating, documenting and reporting data from various systems while providing a wide range of project support related to the Operations functions of the Bank.
- Reporting: Designs and builds reports from various business systems to help inform decisions across the organization. Works with the Bank’s core system, SQL Server, TIBCO WebFocus, Nintex, and Microsoft Access to support the creation of business intelligence reporting. Validates accuracy of Information Builders reports.
- Business Systems Maintenance & Support: Creates and designs specifications and functional requirements of systems and servers as requested by management to develop queries, views, and stored procedures. Documents, maintains and verifies procedures and requirements to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Business Systems Implementation: Partners with Data Analytics, Operations, Technology, and Implementation (DOTI) teams to carry out an in-depth evaluation and verification of the capabilities of systems and, under the direction of others, may implement business systems solutions.
- Collaboration: Partners with individuals and teams across the organization to gain functional requirements and develop recommendations to fulfill business needs. Works collaboratively across teams to identify opportunities for enhanced client service through the use of data and reporting.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
Expectations, Skills & Qualifications:
- A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, Get Stuff Done (G.S.D), One Team, and Give Generously
- Demonstrated commitment to timely, defect free and caring customer service
- Detail oriented and strong analytical and evaluative skills
- Knowledge of statistical methods and demonstrated experience applying those methods to analytical reporting
- Able to prioritize, organize, structure, and manage multiple projects/tasks
- Appropriately creative within scope of accountability and authority.
- Experience with SQL servers and knowledge of relational databases and data warehouse concepts
- SSIS (Sequel Server Integration Services) experience
- General knowledge and experience using technical database softwares
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to change in a growing organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fully proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint; strong technical ability
- An independent, quick learner
- Collaborative work style and respect for others
- Self-motivated and resourceful work ethic
- Is accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to their position at the bank.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University with emphasis on Business Analytics or Statistics; 1-3 years of experience in business and/or technology (Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Programming, Software Dev., etc.); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Local travel may be required for this position.
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tradition Capital Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, and related disabilities; marital status; status with regard to public assistance; disability; genetic information; sexual orientation, off duty usage of lawful products; familial status; status as a patient enrolled in the marijuana registry program; membership or activity in a local commission; citizenship status; uniform servicemember status; and age; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.