Partner Veterinary Urgent Care (PVUC) is a women founded and owned business. Our mission is to heal and transform our veterinary profession. We fearlessly began this mission by opening our Urgent Care in Richmond, VA.
Partner Veterinary is currently seeking a full-time veterinary scribe for our Richmond, VA Urgent Care. The general schedule is 4/10's, working shifts both weekdays and weekends.
As a scribe, you will be working with our medical team to document the patient’s complete medical record.
We offer structured scribe training and ongoing mentorship with the goal of producing strong medical scribes, familiar with medical terminology and able to document detailed dictations, diagnostics results, and communications in real time. We utilize an electronic medical record system (EMR) which includes numerous templates and a library of client education materials.
Students working towards entrance into medical or veterinary school can benefit significantly from this unique clinical experience.
- Effective communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including active listening, focus, dependability, patience, and flexibility
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Minimum 2 years of human medical scribe or veterinary medicine experience
- Familiarity with medical or veterinary terminology, language, and abbreviations
- Comfort with computers, typing, and technology to prepare medical records
- Typing proficiency (approximately 45 words/minute)
- Comfortable working remote, self-motivated
Why Work for Partner Veterinary Urgent Care (PVUC)
Our mission statement is our commitment to our team: “Doing our part to improve the veterinary landscape and pioneer a transformative approach to team health and happiness, creating a healing environment for ourselves and our partners, pet families, and patients.”