The Environmental Health & Safety Manager is a key member of the Skorpios’ leadership team. This role is responsible for developing and implementing procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations and industry standards throughout all levels of the organization. The EH&S Manager is also responsible for creating, coordinating, and directing environmental and health/safety activities to ensure employee engagement and regulatory compliance. The EH&S Manager will work closely with production floors and office management to develop and implement programs that provide a strong and meaningful safety culture and continually improve Health and Safety performance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential responsibilities.
- Serves as primary point of contact for all regulatory communication and inspections; Maintains compliance with applicable local, state and federal environmental regulations (CUPA/ESFD, Cal/OSHA, SCAQMD, and RWQCB).
- Act as primary liaison with local, state, and federal regulatory inspectors.
- Implement established EHS programs to minimize accidents and loss.
- Manages the Site Emergency Response Team and Security Staff.
- Conducts EHS evaluations of new equipment and process materials.
- Performs or coordinates periodic Industrial Hygiene surveys of various media.
- Conducts safety inspections, documents findings and tracks corrective actions to closure.
- Evaluate and resolve employee EHS issues and concerns.
- Develop and/or update business EHS procedures and training as required.
- Supports Facilities by providing support and guidance on building Life Safety Systems.
- Manages RCRA LQG hazardous waste program and associated reporting requirements.
- Assists with technical matters to compliantly ship dangerous goods by ground and air.
- Provides quarterly metrics on EHS performance for Management Review Meetings.
- Stay informed of and notify Management on relevant changes to EHS compliance obligations.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and assure quality of site/plant safety, health, and environmental program.
- Maintains a chemical inventory for the facility and files any required reports under EPCRA Tier I/II, TURA, Form R&S
- Develop and conduct employee training on site environmental, health, and safety programs.
- Ensure for the proper characterization and management of hazardous/universal wastes
- Partner with leaders and staff continuously improve all facility systems performance, efficiency, and reduce carbon footprint.
- Facilitate incident investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective actions; coordinate site-wide safety audits and analyze results.
- Facilitate the Job Safety Analysis process with operators and supervisors
- Support project plans related to product, process, equipment, and building modifications; address EHS matters prior to project initiation. Develop and maintain EHS budget.
- Supervise industrial hygiene, air, and biological sampling/monitoring programs.
- Support site’s Worker Compensation programs.
- Manage ergonomic program which includes the periodic monitoring of processes, procedures, and work stations to provide risk assessments and proposed corrective actions to Management.
- Ensure timely and accurate submittal and posting of regulatory requirements (OSHA injury notification, waste fees, waste exception reports, toxic inventory reports, permits fees or related reports etc.)
- Lead and facilitate Safety Committees and oversee the site Emergency Response Team (ERT) and training provided to the ERT
- Problem -solving
- Chemical Knowledge
- Computer Skills
- Results focused
This leader will have direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in EHS or a closely related field or minimum of 7 years of relevant safety and environmental experience
- 5+ years work in a similar EHS capacity.
- Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) for analyzing, monitoring, reporting and presentations.
- Strong chemical safety background.
- Maintain compliance with all required certifications and training.
- Working knowledge of OHSA, EPA, TCEQ, DHS, DoD and DOT regulations.
- Knowledge of safety engineering practices pertaining to the semiconductor industry.
- Understanding and execution of Industrial Hygiene principles.
- Managing Emergency Response teams and associated PPE involved.
- Knowledge of various incident causal analysis techniques (5 Why’s, Fishbone, SCAT, etc.)
- Laser Safety Training and experience as a Laser Safety Officer.
- Radiation Safety Training and experience as a Radiation Safety Officer.
- Hazardous Materials Shipping Training & Certification.
- Availability to respond to emergency situations 24x7.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Semiconductor experience is desired.
- Master’s Degree
- Certification in EHS related field preferred (Industrial Hygienist, Hazardous Materials, Safety Professional, etc.)