Why clients love us:
We are laser focused on delivering quality and excellence to our clients for their technology modernization needs, business and technology strategy, and cloud transformation initiatives. We are a nationally recognized Microsoft Partner of the Year and the largest, leading IT service provider headquartered in San Diego. As a Top 1% Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider, with engineers that individually hold over 38 Microsoft certifications, our clients trust us because we are the experts!
The value you bring:
The Presales Engineer will leverage a broad knowledge of Microsoft and other technologies, offering technical information and insights into Managed Solution’s service offerings, tools, and processes, to align client requirements with appropriate solutions and to facilitate a successful sales cycle. This individual will be an enthusiastic learner, an effective communicator, and a strong collaborator. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves solving customer complex solutions and who is eager to make a visible impact that drives business outcomes.
What you'll do:
- Provide presales engineering as an integrated part of the sales team, consulting with sales team members and clients regarding appropriate technical solutions.
- Meet with prospective and current clients to identify client requirements and objectives, document the current environment, and provide technical information related to Managed Solution’s services offerings, tools, and processes.
- Speaks with authority regarding Managed Solution’s service offerings and technologies across the Microsoft stack.
- Offer technical recommendations for services and products to address client requirements. Confer with appropriate parties within Managed Solution’s operations teams to ensure alignment of recommendations with client requirements and budget. As appropriate, refer professional services opportunities to Solutions Architects and other team members to scope offerings and develop statements of work.
- Prepare documents outlining technical solutions/recommendations for presentation to clients. Deliver proposals in coordination with sales team members.
- Leverage in-depth technical knowledge to provide comprehensive demonstrations of tools and software to clients including: Microsoft 365, Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure, Microsoft Windows Server, Connectwise, LogicMonitor, and others.
- Obtain/maintain technical certifications related to offered products, including those required to facilitate Microsoft Customer Immersion Experience (CIE) workshops. Present technical information in a clear and engaging manner to a diverse audience.
- Develop proficiency regarding new technical solutions to be offered, to provide support to clients and sales team members throughout the sales cycle.
- Review incoming engineering requests arising from channel partner opportunities, to ensure alignment between the client needs/budget and Managed Solution’s service offerings.
- Build strong rapport and trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders in a remote and hybrid environment.
Education, Work, + Certification Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. 5+ years of experience in an IT systems engineering/administration capacity, including 1+ years of experience developing and presenting technical recommendations to clients or an executive board is required. Previous experience at an MSP or other outsourced IT or services provider highly desired. Equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective, engaging presentations in person and remotely, leveraging videoconferencing tools such as Microsoft Teams. Strong communication skills in written and spoken English are required.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and development. Fundamentals-level IT certifications, particularly related to Microsoft technologies, are highly desired and may become required for continued employment.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex business problems with appropriate technical solutions.
- Incumbents will need to develop a comprehensive understanding of Managed Solution’s evolving service offerings, tools, and processes to work effectively across departments and with clients.
- Demonstrated success working independently and collaboratively in a highly autonomous environment. Prior success in a remote role is highly desired.
- Strong administrator/engineering-level proficiency across Microsoft stack: Microsoft 365, Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure, Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, etc.
- Advanced proficiency with networking, servers, desktop, virtualization/cloud, and other IT systems and related concepts.
- Deep understanding of cybersecurity principles, disaster recovery/business continuity strategies, and incident response protocols.
- Thorough understanding of IT helpdesk functions, including service level targets, ticket prioritization, etc.
- Administrator-level knowledge of ticketing systems (Connectwise preferred)
- Strong familiarity with security management and monitoring tools (LogicMonitor preferred)
- Deep familiarity with operational and technology requirements related to regulatory/compliance requirements such as HIPAA, SOX, etc.
- Advanced proficiency across Microsoft business applications: Microsoft Teams, Outlook, PowerPoint, Viva, PowerBI, etc.
Monday through Friday, hours to be agreed upon based on Company needs. Presence at Company events, client meetings, conferences, and other activities may require occasional work mornings, evenings, and/or weekends. Company operates in Pacific Time Zone, though some scheduling flexibility may be offered for employees in other regions.
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards. Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards. The essential functions of this job require: the ability to frequently sit and stand for long periods of time; to manipulate objects with fine and gross motor skills; to frequently lift and maneuver 10 pound objects; to communicate in written and spoken English; to hear; to utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Managed Solution is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants who can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Managed Solution participates in the federal E-Verify program to validate the authenticity of work eligibility documents. As part of this program, Managed Solution will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information, see https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Compensation & Benefits*
Base Wage Range: $3,460.00 to $4,235.00 biweekly (26 payrolls/year)
Managed Solution considers a range of factors when determining an appropriate wage. Such factors include but are not limited to: years of related experience, industry knowledge, formal education, relevant certifications, and geographic location. Wages are paid as earned and in accordance with Company policies.
Incentive Compensation Plan: This position is eligible for incentive/bonus compensation in accordance with its respective plan and Company policy. Details available during the interview process.
- PTO – earn up to 10 days in year 1; 15 days in year 2; and 20 days in years 3+
- 401k – Eligibility after 90 days; Managed Solution matches 50% of your first 6% in contributions, starting after 90 days
- Holidays – Managed Solution celebrates 7 paid holidays each year
- Plus, 1 Floating Holiday per Year… and 2 After 5 Years of Service!
- Medical, Dental, Vision – Managed Solution pays 80% of the employee cost on the base plan + 15% of dependent costs on the base plan (Optional Flexible Spending Account for eligible Health Care or Dependent Care costs)
- Telemedicine options: “see” a medical provider from anywhere, over the phone, 24/7
- $100K Life/AD&D policy provided for all employees, free of charge!
- Employee Assistance Program – free financial consultation; counseling services; 24/7 traveler’s assistance; and more!
- $80/Month Cell Phone + Internet Reimbursement
*All Company compensation and benefits programs are subject to Company policy and plan documents and are subject to change at Company’s sole discretion.
Why our employees love working here:
We believe our strength comes from our differences, and we are committed to fostering and promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion. We believe our team and our community are our greatest assets and we strive to promote both. From providing our employees the time to pursue Microsoft certifications, to supporting and partnering with multiple non-profit organizations, we believe this is where healthy and happy employees thrive.
As we grow, we are anchored and driven by our Core Values: I <3 IT!
- Integrity – We demonstrate consistent, trustworthy behavior. We are honest with everyone, take ownership (even in the face of failure), and do the right thing... even when no one is looking.
- Heart – We show genuine care for our community, our customers, and our culture. We believe people are at the heart of IT! We are authentic, inclusive, and take time to celebrate and enjoy one another's company.
- Innovation – We cultivate a diverse work environment and forward-thinking business by supporting an open exchange of ideas, driven by creativity and collaboration. We're dedicated to consistently delivering excellence through a ‘yes- to- what’s-next’ attitude.
- Teamwork – We work together and support one another to achieve a clear, common goal, while taking accountability for our own contribution's and the overall team's success.
Inclusion & Equal opportunity employment:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Managed Solution are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
At Managed Solution we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.