The Leasing Manager provides supervision for properties and of the leasing specialist to ensure the occupancy of assigned rental units and their renewal rate. In alignment with Fairstead Management, the Leasing Manager ensures all leases are completed appropriately and all properties meet a certain set of standards. The Leasing Manager will be required to ensure tenants are satisfied and properties are safe.
- Handles prospective residents to identify their housing needs.
- Interview and determine eligibility based on established criteria.
- Shows vacant and model units and property amenities specified by Fairstead Management.
- Conducts follow-up calls and peruses rental status.
- Complete applicant screening process and prepares appropriate correspondence based upon the result.
- Prepares leases and related leasing addendums.
- Maintains lease records and files.
- Maintains property waiting list and other updates to various records and reports in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Adheres to affordable housing programs and HUD/Agency regulations.
- Ensures accuracy of leasing data entered the property software by all leasing associates.
- Reviews move-in files to ensure completion of assembly and accuracy.
- Processes and inspects weekly occupancy repots and ensures that all traffic data is entered.
- Works with Leasing Consultants to increase effectiveness of techniques as needed.
- Prepares an analysis of call source for property management.
- Reviews all leasing associate files prior to move-ins and after.
- Monitors the occupancy of the property and strategizes and leads the leasing team towards meeting goals.
- Assist with resident retention.
- Provides ongoing customer service to residents after moving in.
- Process work order request and assist with day-to-day operations of the property and resident satisfaction.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To perform the job successfully, the following skills and/or experience is required to qualify for the position.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years of experience in on-site Sales or Leasing.
- Must be knowledgeable in local fair housing laws.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in YARDI.
- Must be self-motivated, have great communication skills and personal accountability.
- Able to effectively present and information and respond to questions from management, vendors, and associates.
- Adhere to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for deliverables.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment where adaptability is imperative.
- Strong written and oral skills.
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail.
Fairstead is a purpose-driven real estate firm dedicated to building sustainable communities across the country. Headquartered in New York, with offices in Colorado, Florida, Maryland, and South Carolina, Fairstead oversees a $7.8 billion portfolio in assets and identified pipeline, and owns and manages more than 170 communities across 28 states. Fairstead’s commitment to communities is realized through a comprehensive platform that leverages in-house expertise in acquisitions, development, design and construction, marketing, and property management. Fairstead also implements some of the industry’s most proactive sustainability, resiliency, and community impact programs to foster positive social, economic, and environmental change. In 2022, the company launched Fairstead Ventures, a proptech investment initiative dedicated to fundamentally changing the standards in the housing industry with a focus on energy and decarbonization.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values