SynTerra is looking for a qualified Civil, Mining, or Geotechnical Engineer who can offer our clients their expertise. You should have 2+ years of work experience in the engineering field. This position requires the ability to work independently on specific tasks and in collaboration with clients and other environmental/ engineering professionals. The position requires the ability to occasionally work in an outdoor environment and to travel locally.
- Conducts engineering analyses, develops designs, and assists in the development of construction drawings.
- Manage and execute multiple tasks on projects. Participate in limited travel and field work.
- Independently notes and follows-up on professional commitments made at meetings, or as affected by other staff members, coordinates meeting arrangements, and schedules meetings, conferences, etc.
- Uses varied and advanced functions of “office suite automation” to include diagramming, e-mail, presentation, word processing, and spreadsheet software. Create, format, modify, edit, and print a variety of outputs from the automation listed in a professional and timely manner.
- Interprets annotations, construction plans, historical references, interviews, on-site investigations, and site plans in developing the appropriate document submission to satisfy client’s needs.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with other staff members, the client, subcontractors and regulatory representatives.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil or Mining engineering; emphasis in Geotechnical engineering a plus
- PE license preferred. Must be an EIT with the ability to obtain PE licensing within two-three years of hire.
- Software proficiency (including but not limited to) Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge/understanding of stability analysis programs and/or hydraulics a plus
- MSHA Part 48 Subpart B trained a plus.
- MSHA Impoundment Inspector trained a plus
- Experience with soil mechanics a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with CAD and/or GIS programs preferred.
- Willingness and ability for occasional overnight travel.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time paying close attention to detail.
- Work environment involves work both indoors and in outdoor settings. Work environments range from climate-controlled office space to areas where dust, noise, and outdoor weather conditions may be present.
- May sit or stand for several hours at a time and climb inclines (terrains, ladders, etc.).
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel throughout client service area is required as needed.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
SynTerra is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, including, but not limited to, lactation, or any other characteristics protected by law, unless a bona fide occupational qualification applies.